Argentinean going to Africa for living

Nachowild

Reaction score
Media
Hello, i introduce myself, I'm a young veterinary from Argentina working with horses worldwide, i love to travel and hunt. I'm planning to spend 1 year doing a work and travel around subsaharian Africa.

I have a BRNO zkk 602 from the 95 cal 300 win mag with it I've been hunting wildboars and red stags since ever. I want to customise it to 375 h&h and take it with me to Africa. (I got recently a steyr mannlicher 30-06 that will replace my old Czech friend)

I will love to get some advicea regarding countrys to do it, any job offer will be very welcome, and should i custom my old zkk 602 to 375 h&h and keep hunting with my eternal partner or just get something in the market in South Africa?

Thanks in advance
Here a picture that i took of a Puma, the big cat in our lands...
ATNB0021.jpg

Welcome to AH @Nachowild! It is not easy to get a work visa in most African countries, a tourist visa is usually for a period of time of 3 months or less and it requires you to have a confirmed return flight as well. Renewals of a tourist visa is sometimes possible but not guaranteed. I would suggest pinpointing the country/countries that you want to visit and then see what requirements are necessary for what you want to accomplish.

Welcome to AH Nachowild. I can't give you any advice or info re work in Africa.

Regarding your Brno ZKK 602 in .300 Win Mag, I think you would be better to keep it as it is and buy another ZKK 602 in 375 H&H or 458 WM. The .300 Win Mag is a great caibre for plains game. Its comparatively rare compared to the .375. It'd be shame to spoil an original. If you get another in 375 (or 458), then you have a matching set :giggle:

Greetings Nachowild,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I am an Advertising Agent for the above safari company, but I am a citizen of The USA and I am living in The USA.
And so unfortunately, I do not know what is required for foreign citizens to become full time residents in Namibia or any other African countries.

Regarding your rifle questions, I agree with those who suggest that you keep your Brno .300 magnum exactly as it is and search to find another one to buy in caliber .375 H&H.
I think the Brno 602 in caliber .375 H&H is one of the very best rifles for Africa that has ever been made.

I have one here at home in Alaska that I am very happy with.
My employer also has one (among other various rifles and shotguns) in Namibia, for rent to clients who do not want to travel with their own rifle or perhaps do not own a one.

Buena Suerte’ a usted,
Velo Dog.

Giday and welcome to the A H forums

Nacho..............welcome to AH. I admire your plan to travel and live in Africa. If you have a lot of money, it will be pretty fun and easy. If not, you will likely find licensing requirements to be a challenge, and may need to work in more menial jobs. Right now, I'll bet there are quite a few people looking for Jobs in Africa. But go for it.......it will be an adventure....pick a country, do 3 months for starters...............FWB

Nachowild, welcome to the AH forum! It sounds like quite an adventure you are planning. Best of luck!

Welcome aboard Nachowild. Like most of the other members suggested, I'd keep your trusted BRNO as it is. That rifle in 300 Win Mag. will take the vast majority if not all species of plains game. You might think about going to a 200 Gr. bullet for some of the larger animals. With the Covid thing going on world wide, seeking employment in another country is going to be difficult. You might try contacting a Professional Association to see about licensing requirements etc. BTW that was a great looking Puma.

Bienvenidos, Nachowild!

Keep that 300 Win Mag - it gives you an excuse to get the 375 H&H. I would suggest that you grab one soon if you're looking for new since CZ has discontinued their 550 line.

Beautiful cat as well

Dear Nacho,

All the best with your travel plans.

Namibia is a country with a strong horse culture and very good hunting so it is worth considering. It would be very challenging to travel multiple countries with a rifle without predetermined dates and paperwork. Anything done spur-of-the-moment down here is not easy to do with a firearm in your luggage. It would probably be easier to loan a rifle wherever you are going.

Consider getting a student visa in the country you wish to travel to. They are normally valid for periods longer than standard tourist visas and usually easy to obtain once you are registered to study at a local institution.

Good luck,
Louis

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!
Ditto on the .300 win mag, leave it alone, not many around in that caliber. I had one once and traded it for a POS rifle, worst trade I ever made and been kicking myself ever since.

Welcome to AH

Bienvenido Nacho, suerte !

Thank you all for your advices!!

I think i will keep the 300 caliber as it is, and i will look for options in Namibia. I always felt curious about this country and i think i know someone who can helpe me there...

Very nice group here you have Africa Hunting, i didn't expect to have so many answers!

I will keep you all update!!!

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community.

Welcome aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg