Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay, South Africa
Yesterday Friday in the afternoon, unfortunately a hunter from Mexico, member of a group of three hunters has been charged and killed by a Buffalo.

The episode was taking a place in Entre Rios Province.

Apparently the hunter had the chance to shoot his rifle several times before got charged

An investigation is taking place to clarify the facts

There is not mentions about guides

My condolences to his family in this sad moment.

LO ÚLTIMO

OPINIÓN

DEMOLIENDO AGENDAS

EETV

08/10/2022 07:57COSTA URUGUAY SUR

Un búfalo, herido de cinco balazos, atacó y mató a un cazador mexicano en un campo de Entre Ríos

[https://media-elentrerios-com]

La Policía y la Justicia investigan las causas en que se produjo el fallecimiento de un hombre de nacionalidad mexicana, que se encontraba en la zona rural de Gualeguaychú participando de un coto de caza.

El hecho ocurrió este viernes por la tarde en el establecimiento Punta Caballo, ubicado en Costa Uruguay Sur, departamento Gualeguaychú.

El hombre de unos 60 años, experto cazador, se encontraba junto a un contingente de tres ciudadanos más de la misma nacionalidad.

Por causas que se tratan de establecer, fue embestido por un Búfalo de gran porte, el cual luego de varios topazos le causó graves lesiones que provocaron su muerte en el mismo campo, distante a 50 kilómetros al sur de Gualeguaychú, en una zona inhóspita y sin señal de telefonía celular.

En el lugar trabajó personal de Jefatura Departamental Gualeguaychú, de la Brigada de Abigeato y el Gabinete Criminalístico, bajo la coordinación de la fiscal Martina Cedrés.

Según trascendió, el mexicano habría disparado el arma a corta distancia, pero impactó para afectar al animal, quien lo embistió mortalmente.

Se estableció que del arma de grueso calibre utilizada por el visitante al menos se efectuaron cinco disparos que impactaron en el cuerpo del búfalo. El animal, de unos 1.100 kilogramos, avanzó con furia, y pese a estar herido lo atacó lesionándolo con la cabeza y las guampas.

Fuente: Uno

Elentrerios.com
Todos los derechos reservados

Yesterday Friday in the afternoon, unfortunately a hunter from Mexico, member of a group of three hunters has been charged and killed by a Buffalo.

The episode was taking a place in Entre Rios Province.

Apparently the hunter had the chance to shoot his rifle several times before got charged

Sad, RIP.

I wonder if he got shots off and what caliber it was.

Hi guys......I don't know nothing yet but I will find out for sure.......I know some others operators in that area......

Five shots from a "heavy caliber" weapon hit the animal according to the article. I wonder what their definition of a "heavy caliber" is?

Dangerous Game.................muy cierto. Sad to hear.............FWB

Very sad news. Condolences to the family and friends.

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers for him, his family, and his friends.

Rocket,
If that was one of the wild Asian Water Buffalo, it would be big and bad medicine - weighing just less than a Gaur. Let us know when you find more about the beast.

PS I have hunted and taken water buff and Cape Buff, but my water buff weighed only 1600 pounds, about 400 to 500 pounds less than the largest Wild Asian Water Buff (per the research I just did).

Last edited:
supposedly this is the buffalo

5b4eecf0-d370-4ae7-9a77-f9a87ad2c0f9.jpg

Very sad. I can't speak for other outfitters, but if hunting one with a rifle rented from MG Hunting, it will be a .458. Had a pretty good look at one of these bulls (free range) while driving between hunting areas with Rocket. They are huge.

Rocket,
If that was one of the wild Asian Water Buffalo, it would be big and bad medicine - weighing just less than a Gaur. Let us know when you find more about the beast.

PS I have hunted and taken water buff and Cape Buff, but my water buff weighed only 1600 pounds, about 400 to 500 pounds less than the largest Wild Asian Water Buff (per the research I just did).
Hi crs........you ate right......Asian Water Buffalo can reach about 2200 pounds......they are really big beasts and can hurt or kill people in a split second as any tipe of wild Buffalo can do......always people have to be cautious when hunting this animals.......

supposedly this is the buffalo

View attachment 493653
Well......that's the pic that appear in the news and I think it is true.......you can see a shoot in his jaw and other places.....personally I think this happens too fast........Buffalo was put down but too late......unfortunarelly

Very sad. I can't speak for other outfitters, but if hunting one with a rifle rented from MG Hunting, it will be a .458. Had a pretty good look at one of these bulls (free range) while driving between hunting areas with Rocket. They are huge.
Hi Joe .......good to see you here and have the opportunitie to say hello......you know about our Buffalo hunting down here......as you said.....We have seen those beast there being togheter......for us it is a serious thing to go for one of those......well if you are in dangerous game porsuit you know that bad things can happen.......this is a very sad situation........We have lost a very important international and conservasionist hunter in our world hunting comunitie.......

He was a present Mexican Hunting Federation President and his name is Mario Canales Najjar........He was 64 year old.........

RIP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross