Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay, South Africa
Up North in my Country, right there where the Tropic of Capricorn crosses the Province of Formosa in the Paraguay border, is where I find the most exciting hunt I can do with my friends by ourselves......I really love to be hunting in the tropical forest more than nothing in my life.

The diversity of life you can find there never ceases to amaze me, something that happens in all the tropical places in the world.......I am very happy to have my little portion.

We usually use shotguns with heavy shells to hunt into the forest at really close ranges and rifles for hunting at night in more open places.

There some allowed species for hunting but there are many others strictly protected species........

I leave some pictures of the animals you can find there........

Brown Brocket Deer........

DSC00003.JPG

Collared Pecary........

DSC00002.JPG

White lipped pecary.......

DSC00001.JPG

South American Coati........

DSC00124.JPG

South American Raccon.......

DSC00156.JPG

Some great protected animals..........

Jaguar.......

jaguar.jpg

Tapir........

tapir.jpg

Giant South american Anteater......

oso.jpg

Manned Wolf.......

aguara.jpg

There are much more animals to show in this area.......and I will.......

Thank you and see you.......!!!!!!

Nice pics Rocket. Believe it or not, we get Coati Mundi here in AZ. First time I saw one, I did not know what to make of it. Spotted him rustling some brush from about 300 yards. Popped up my binos and saw him much better, fun animal to watch.

The peccary you have remind me very much of the Javelina we have here.

Nice pics Rocket. Believe it or not, we get Coati Mundi here in AZ. First time I saw one, I did not know what to make of it. Spotted him rustling some brush from about 300 yards. Popped up my binos and saw him much better, fun animal to watch.

The peccary you have remind me very much of the Javelina we have here.

Hi Phil.....you really surprice me about the Coati in the States......yes I knew there are bigs Raccons there but I didn´t know about Coaties in the far North.

About the Peccary´s let me tell you is the same javelinas you have there in Arizona or others states.....the same one.......different thing is the white lipped peccary.

Thank you Phil for your comment......!!!!!

Very nice pics!!! Applause!!!
Fer... i´m in the mood to create a post about the "vizcacha" hunt! What do you think about this?

Thank you Marcos, I am glad you like the post and let me tell you, allways there good ways to arrange a good post, even if you dont get lots of replics, all is information that stays in the forum to make a good source of hunting information.....!!!!!!

Get your beast´s pictures, even the way we cook them and the food we do and go ahead.......!!!!!

See you budd.....!!!!!

I have here some more photos to share with you fellow´s.......right from the tropic

The Ocelot cat is one of the most wonderfull small cat´s in the world.......you tell me if not.......

Here is it.........

ocelote.jpg

This one I have hunted in the border, Paraguay side......amazing small cat.......his weight can go untill 18 Kilos.......

DSC00097.JPG

Pilcomayo River........one side Argetina.......Paraguay in the other........I am in Paraguay side in the photo........no water in that time of the year.........now is overflow........!!!!!

DSC00115.JPG

Sharing the border.....what a place for hunting........!!!!!

DSC00117.JPG

Dark side......(y)

DSC00118.JPG

Main front claw of giant anteater.........

DSC00182.JPG

Tapir track´s.........

DSC00114.JPG

Front and rear 300 Kilos Tapir feet.........

DSC00192.JPG

Belive or not Elephant Family.........

DSC00193.JPG

October......lots of beer just in case..........

DSC00198.JPG

And the best Argentinian beef in large quantities......!!!!!!

DSC00194.JPG

I have some more to be shared fellows......!!!!!

See you.......!!!!!!.......(y)

Last edited:
Rocket,
Some day I'll have to go hinting with you. The experience looks like it will be wonderful. The ocelot has been one of my favorite cats since I was a little boy. Plus the cold beer and beef don't hurt(y)

Thank you for sharing with us these incredible pictures ROCKET, a part of the world which I am not so familiar with and glad to learn more about! Much appreciated... (y)

Rocket,
Some day I'll have to go hinting with you. The experience looks like it will be wonderful. The ocelot has been one of my favorite cats since I was a little boy. Plus the cold beer and beef don't hurt(y)

Hi Bob......Thank´s for your word´s.......yes is a great experincie to be hunting in any Tropic in a world......the Fauna is gorgeous.....and the Ocelot, yes......it is a wonderfull small cat.......whenever you want my friend.....I gonna be here.....!!!!!

Thank´s again......!!!!!

Thank you for sharing with us these incredible pictures ROCKET, a part of the world which I am not so familiar with and glad to learn more about! Much appreciated... (y)

It is my pleasure to share this with you guys........I think a forum is built by all in here and I am very proud tobe part of this site......as I said......This forum must to be a big source of hunting information arround the world....!!!

Thanks Jerome for your words and the consideration to me.......!!!!

What a???? My godnessssssss!!! you are a "guacho".... shameless!!!
Hahahahaha!!! You can´t imagine how I laugh with your photographs...
I enjoy this, really! What a place... Some day, I must travel to the northern lands!(y)

What a???? My godnessssssss!!! you are a "guacho".... shameless!!!
Hahahahaha!!! You can´t imagine how I laugh with your photographs...
I enjoy this, really! What a place... Some day, I must travel to the northern lands!(y)

Ooohhh Dear Marcos, my friend,.........good to have you with us again....let me tell you.....you see the way ours forums in our country are turning on......I start to be little tired about that and I am thinking on give up to that......here I can read someone that recently comes from a Marco Polo hunting and going to a Vizcachas thread like yours, and continue reading to one that just come from an Elephant hunt...... and them jump to a South American Tropic hunting thread.......so I mean.........this is great, gorgeuos, and fantastic to share our passion and way to live.......!!!!!!

I glad you like this pics and is true what you said...........I mean, about the Shameless hahahahaha.....!!!

See you Budd.......!!!!!!!

Only "for the records" and the understanding of the rest of the fellows in the forum!
SHAMELESS= "SINVERGÜENZA" in our country, a laughly expression to call the people... I cant define just the type of people... i think...
LIKE ROCKET!!! HAHAHAHA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg