ARGENTINA: Has Anyone Bird Hunted With Sierra Madre Outfitters?

Update: I did some investigating and I found out that the Hermosillo Airport is actually shut down right now due to Covid.

Still all things considered the communication with SMO/Homer is awful.

Hey there fellas I’m not sure what to tell you guys but I’ve emailed Homer and asked for information about weather, equipment etc. and even a phone number to reach him at or who I am going to meet when I get to Hermisillo.
Got nothing.
I emailed again referring to my original load of questions and not getting a response wondering what was up.
I got a response yesterday that he was going to call me right away. Nothing....
I have since emailed him at least three more times, as well as traveled to New York and now have flown to Phoenix where I am in a hotel. Just emailed him again, still nothing.
tomorrow I am heading off into the unknown to Hermisillo.
NOT GOOD business. Unbelievable.
Jim

Here is my experience so far...

My Father, Brother in-Law & I were scheduled to Hunt for a Mule Deer tomorrow (Jan 5th - Jan 12th)...

I sent numerous emails to Homer asking to make sure everything was ok with Travel plans, gun info etc & also that someone would be at the airport to pick us up. Kind of a big deal. I Heard nothing back (Sure I get it, he's busy)...

Fast forward to Sunday night (Last Night, the night before we leave to the airport)... I was getting pretty nervous (understandably so) I got on his website and use the chat feature and to my surprise it actually worked & I chatted with someone, Well my worst fear came to light, they knew nothing of us coming to the airport and nothing about our plans to hunt Mule Deer. Nervousness tuned to flat out fear...

So this morning at 5am not knowing what exactly to do, we decide to load up and head to catch our early morning flights and hoping Homer would pull through for us...

Well, Homer did finally emailed me back at 5:43am, telling us not to come because of Covid-19. Since that email I have emailed him 5 times. He's a Ghost. He has all of our Money. We are floored & flabbergasted. Judge for yourselves. I'll update you as soon (if) as Homer emailed me back. Pretty terrible if you ask me.
Mollete - this is my experience exactly. Myself and 3 friends were supposed to hunt starting January 11th. I finally got a message Sunday at 9:30PM. Saying don’t come. Our flight was the next morning at 6am. Can I message you directly to further discuss? Kelly Malloy

Hey there fellas I’m not sure what to tell you guys but I’ve emailed Homer and asked for information about weather, equipment etc. and even a phone number to reach him at or who I am going to meet when I get to Hermisillo.
Got nothing.
I emailed again referring to my original load of questions and not getting a response wondering what was up.
I got a response yesterday that he was going to call me right away. Nothing....
I have since emailed him at least three more times, as well as traveled to New York and now have flown to Phoenix where I am in a hotel. Just emailed him again, still nothing.
tomorrow I am heading off into the unknown to Hermisillo.
NOT GOOD business. Unbelievable.
Jim
Jim - please let us know what happens. It sounds like there are many people on this thread with the exact same issue you are having. Me and my group were supposed to arrive on January 11th and Homer called us the 10th and said don’t come - Kelly Malloy

Jim - please let us know what happens. It sounds like there are many people on this thread with the exact same issue you are having. Me and my group were supposed to arrive on January 11th and Homer called us the 10th and said don’t come - Kelly Malloy
The exact thing happened to me in jan of this year. Homer called and canceled 2 days prior to the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesmondU66

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross