JamesJ

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hi Guys,

I'm planning a trip to Argentina later this year and I thought it would be fun to make it into an AH group trip.
There was quite a bit of interest in the Argentina mixed bag hunt, so i thought maybe a bird hunt would be a great addition. Argentina is a fantastic destination, with great lodges and the Argentinian hospitality is second to none.

Cordoba is an inexpensive destination and you can shoot all the birds you want.
4 days 3 nights, $1,400 PP
license $260
gun rental $240
Shells are $13 per box of 25
Bird boys are $50 per day if you want them

Hunt includes food, lodge, open bar, all the birds you want to shoot, transport to and from Cordoba airport.

Let me know if this is something you guys would be interested in?

James;
As long as you are this far into it, you mentioned how many shells one typically goes through on the other thread but why not post that up here as well... And what would other costs come to? How much are typical tips, air fare, any extra hotel stays necessary? I'm sure guys would like to know their total all in expected cost.

Do they have an assortment of shotguns to rent so you can find one that fits well or does a lodge typicaly have all of one model? Do you get two guns for that fee to rotate and does the bird boy reload for you? (Saw that on TV;)

And how long is the flight down and back? Is it non stop or?

The shells are very difficult to judge. How much can you handle physically and financially. I have been several times and its always fun, I'm just not that mad at them anymore. The birds fly all day nonstop in Cordoba. But I like to limit myself to a couple cases per day, mostly because I want to enjoy myself and not feel like I have had a good beating.

You can catch a direct flight to Cordoba from the US from Miami its about 8 hours down. You should arrive in time for pickup and unless you just want to stay the night no extra stay are typically necessary.
Tips are usually $50 per day for the staff and the boys. Usually unless you are real serious its just one gun, but I'm sure we can accommodate two if you want to get busy. The boys load for you fetch birds for pics and bring you drinks in the field.

I varies somewhat from lodge to lodge, but as a general rule everyone uses Benelli semi auto's across the board. They run and run and run, with little maintenance and breakage. Usually they have both left and right guns available in varying lengths of pull. But if you have something really different that you need to shoot its a good idea to bring a gun with you. I have a client that is left handed right eye dominant and he shoots a really funny shaped gun with a lot of cast to it, he always brings his own to make sure he actually hits something.

How many actual hunting days are there, specifically where are the accommodations, and when are you anticipating the hunting trip to take place?

Sounds like a ton of fun but all my money is being saved for a trip next March to RSA. Argentina is on the list though.
Do you have photos of the lodge or do you use multiple?
Looks like a good offer.

James...........this is a very good offer. I do a lot of bird shooting in South America, and each price that you have listed, gun rental, shells and the hunt itself are all attractively priced. I know that there are a lot of hard core hunters on this site. I can tell by their posts. People that would rather walk 10 miles uphill than date Selena Gomez. But every once in a while we all need a hunt that is relatively relaxing.......to sit back and smell the Malbec, as it were. This sounds like that hunt. BTW, the first time I hunted Argentina, the exchange rate was 3 pesos to the dollar. Last time I was there, it was officially 8 pesos to the dollar, but on the streets of Buenos Aires, 12 to one was easy to get. So for any expenses aside from hunting, a dollar went a long way. Thanks for the offer................................FW Bill

You are running a very good offer for Córdoba James.....glad to see Argentina become in a good hunting destination in the last times.....(y)

I've shot dove in Argentina in Entre Rios. It can be great fun, and depending on the time of year, you can add ducks and perdiz (a partridge-like bird shot over dogs). Morning and afternoon of non-stop doves can get monotonous, believe it or not.

As James said, you can shoot a lot; I did about 500 shells in three days, and actually burned myself on my gun barrel. I was with friends and we ended up getting kind of competitive - I was pretty sore for a few weeks, and my shoulder was pretty bruised. I actually had a blister from moving the safety on and off (using a over/under), and had to start wearing a glove!

I wouldn't bring my own shotgun for this - you put years of shots through it in a few days, and I don't want to abuse my guns.

Another important point - it's getting very hard to bring your own gun anyway. In Canada, they now say you have to appear in person at the Argentine consulate to apply for the permit. That's about 2,300 miles from me, and I'm not about to make that trip. So called off a hunting trip (red stag) to Argentina which I had planned. For big game, my own gun or no gun.

You need the consulate permit just for semi-auto guns, you don´t need it for side by side or over under or bolt action rifles.Till now at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois