Argentina, Cordoba or Mendoza.... Any ideas for a 1 day Wingshoot?

DmacD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, U.S.A., Namibia, England, South Africa
Hello all,
I am hoping to tap into some of the knowledge and experience of the forum once again. My wife and I will be travelling in Chile and Argentina next October. We will be passing through Cordoba, and then on to Mendoza on our way to Buenos Aires. I would kick myself if I were to pass through the area and not take part in some of the legendary wing shooting that takes place in this region. I am looking for an outfitter that would be willing to accommodate me for one day of shooting. We travel on a budget, so not looking to be pampered or treated like a king, just a nice day of shooting.
Any thoughts, ideas, names of outfitters used and past experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dean

Give these guys a call: http://www.argentinasbesthunting.com/

I hunted with them in November 2017 and will be hunting again with them again in March 2019. I had an absolutely wonderful experience.

They dont list a 1 day hunt as one of their options on their website.. but I am willing to bet that they would work with you and put together something that would work with your schedule.. Paul, the lodge manager is simply a great guy.. Omar, the hunting guide is a lot of fun to spend a day with (and is an excellent guide as well)..

When I was there last I did a 1/2 day of golden dorado fishing and a 1/2 day of dove hunting on two different days (the other two days we only did dove).. and had a blast.. if you enjoy fishing at all, I would recommend considering this.. their lodge is literally on the banks of the parana river so there is no time lost driving, etc.. you can put the boat in the water first thing in the morning right at the lodge, head back to the lodge for lunch, then roll out to the dove fields in the afternoon...

Im not sure what is still flying in October.. in November we were pretty much limited to dove.. but when we go this next year ducks and pigeon are both an option in addition to dove..

Dean,

I would never forgive myself if I was remotely close to Cordoba and didn't make time to dove hunt..

I've hunted Argentina with a couple different outfits, but Pointer Outfitters ( http://www.pointeroutfitters.com/ ) is hands down one of the best outfits I've hunted with anywhere in the world.

Wayne Graham is their primary US contact, and I'm sure they could work a one day shoot out for you. Dove will be the primary target that time of year, along with some bonus pigeons & parakeets.

wayne@pointeroutfitters.com

Thank You 'mdwest' and 'Ross', I will give both of these guys a shout and see what we can come up with. I appreciate your input.
Dean

Wow, 'mdwest', I don't know what excites me more, the wing shooting, the fishing, or the steaks! Looks like you had a really good experience with them. How did you find the condition of the roads to be in the region? Any issues with renting a car and driving yourself?

I didnt find the roads to be bad at all.. Buenos Aires is like most major metro areas in South America.. traffic is very heavy and can be seriously congested during peak times of the day.. but the roads themselves are very good...

Once you leave BA traffic is pretty light (at least it has been everywhere I have been in the country), and roads are all reasonably well maintained..

Traveling cross country is not like traveling on a major interstate in the US.. but I'd put most of the roads we traveled in the countryside of Argentina on par with a typical Texas state highway or FM roadway.. there's an occasional pot hole or bump in the road.. but its not bad at all..

Sorry ... a question on the sidelines ... Are you charged to hunt pigeons?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross