AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Canada (AB,SK,ON,QC,NB,NS) USA (TX,ME) South Africa (6) Argentina
My boss recently handed me orders to travel to Argentina on business and of course I can't help but think of the possibilities of maybe squeezing in a Blackbuck hunt. I will be there in early September and was hoping to hunt close to Buenos Aires, as that is where I will be staging from for work. Does anyone have any recommendations, thanks!

HmpuA38.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot straight and take a lot of pictures!

I'll be doing a high volume dove hunt in Argentina in November.. these guys are just a short regional flight from BA, are pretty affordable, and have been really helpful/responsive to all of my http://www.argentinasbesthunting.com/

I dont know if they do blackbuck hunting.. but they got some really good reviews for both fishing and a variety of birds.. we're doing a 4 day "cast and blast" with them..

I'm going with TGB outfitters in March 2018 for stag and blackbuck and hoping to add in a day of birds as well. They are picking us up in BA, but I'm not sure how long the ride is to be honest.

You LUCKY bass Poop!!!!!
Axis and Blackbuck in Argentina is on my list!!

You might contact @ROCKET who is a PH in Argentina.

Also @ActionBob has hunted there and has a recent report.

You might contact @ROCKET who is a PH in Argentina.

Also @ActionBob has hunted there and has a recent report.
I actually never made it over to the neighbors where the blackbuck were. However other people in camp did while I was there. It was a fenced operation but not easy hunting. The first couple shot from the truck and got a couple but with some effort as they would run and keep their distance at the sight of the truck.

Then a couple hunters from Panama went after them and insisted on doing so on foot, I don't think they got one but can't remember exactly. I believe one hunter got a fallow or something at last light. But they really only tried a half day.

Good luck working this out!

My boss recently handed me orders to travel to Argentina on business and of course I can't help but think of the possibilities of maybe squeezing in a Blackbuck hunt. I will be there in early September and was hoping to hunt close to Buenos Aires, as that is where I will be staging from for work. Does anyone have any recommendations, thanks!

Such a shame your boss is sending you there.lol

Thanks for the suggestions, going to contact some of the above and see if I can't work something out!

Hope you get a chance while your there, good luck working something out!

very bad write up here on this site.
However, honestly, I think the "truth" is somewhere in the middle..

I am in no way affiliated with any operation anywhere, but I'll send you some links of outfits I've been talking to.

Enjoy Argentina!! Take Ms. AdGunner too!

Thanks greyfox for the links, much appreciated! Mrs adgunner might just make the trip with me:)

That's a dream, both my daughter and DIL are fluent Spanish, I'd lvoe to take the family for a week and get a few days hunting in!!

Couple years ago, they had a change for rifle imports, but now I understand that's straightened out.

May think about an Axis/fallow/blackbuck combo, though not sure what's available in September?

BTW; If you need a baggage handler, I know this guy.........

Sadly, I am the baggage handler on this one:) Definitely going after a blackbuck (all year round), we'll see what else I can squeeze in.

Hi

I actually never made it over to the neighbors where the blackbuck were. However other people in camp did while I was there. It was a fenced operation but not easy hunting. The first couple shot from the truck and got a couple but with some effort as they would run and keep their distance at the sight of the truck.

Then a couple hunters from Panama went after them and insisted on doing so on foot, I don't think they got one but can't remember exactly. I believe one hunter got a fallow or something at last light. But they really only tried a half day.
Adguner, as the fellow wrote lines above, contact "rocket"... Fernando ... A great outfitter and a good friend.
As you might, there are a lot of Incian "antilopes" near Buenos Aires city...
I dont know about the places, but there is an experience I dream to live any day...

Marcos, thanks for the above. I am booked in with rocket,s outfit and looking forward to September!

Thanks Marcos, I can hardly wait ... only a month away now!

Well, finally started out on my trip to Argentina! Won't be out hunting until next Sunday as a little thing called work has to get done first! Only have one maybe two days to hunt so really hoping for good weather!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg