Are you confused easily by ammo brands?

samu

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Happened to ask Norma why there is no Eco-strike in 6.5mm calibers. I've been looking for accurate lead free hunting ammo for 6.5 Creedmoor and just didn't seem to make sense to leave out this popular size from the lineup. The answer was not what I expected.

They have made the 6.5 mm Eco-strike bullet.
They have tested it on field and it works perfectly.
They are not planning to release it.

Why you ask? Because in Sweden, 6,5x55 and Creedmoor are Klass 1 calibers i.e. legal for moose and bear, so they don't want to confuse customers by having Klass 2 load for them. So what would be perfectly good roe deer ammo is not offered at all beacuse it is not legal for one unrelated purpose by law in Sweden. Unrelatedly it would be legal in Finland now. Not sure about other countries. Why not make the cartridge and sell it everywhere else but Sweden then?

I know this bothers me way out of proportion. Then again, I've tested a few 6.5 mm lead free options now and the accuracy just isn't there. So far the best is 32mm@100m Barnes VOR-TX. I know it's enough for almost all hunting purposes but let's say I want to keep that margin of error for my own mistakes.

Edited the post after re-reading the reply from Norma.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg