Are we next?

fhm615

Reaction score
So today I found out Apple shut down The Wildly Popular and Internationally used APP Gunbroker because it "Violated their policy of weapons sales and off color comments" thats some pretty vague language and a pretty serious political power grab in my opinion to shut down a beloved app used by millions of citizens in the U.S. It got me thinking about all the apps I enjoy and use each day, including this one. Of course they still have their website which I will continue to use, but where does it end folks?

No wonder it hadn’t opened the last few days!

But I’m glad Sniper 3D and Call of Duty still work.

Their logic is flawless!

I think there is a difference between the GB app itself and the Gunbroker site. The Gunbroker app simply is dedicated to the Gunbroker site and streamlines its use with the more compressed format of smartphones. I don't have the app in either my desk top or iPhone and can access and can still use Gunbroker without issue with both.... so far. I think the antis found an easy way to sabotage the GB app. Having said that, I wouldn't put anything past them and I'm sure they are continually looking at ways to take down any gun related site including Gunbroker, Guns International, Gun Auction, etc. and even this site. There is always an unholy alliance between elements in the anti-hunting and the anti-gun camps.

I know many or most of you may find this hard to believe but I have owned a smart phone for about 4-5 years. The only app on it is one I used for tracking hurricanes when I lived in Florida. So once again someone cancelling a technology because guns are involved has no bearing on me. I would never have known if one of you hadn't created this thread.

of course they close it down but wont address their pedophilia issues on twitter

Big Tech 'overreach' has hit a 'sickening & disturbing point' & I hope Pres Trumps lawsuits stick for the moral victory! Why more independent Internet providers need to be born - those who support a 'middle of the Internet highway' service/messaging & confident plenty of App Developers would join a more neutral supported platform. But I'm a Small Fish in a Big Pond!

So today I found out Apple shut down The Wildly Popular and Internationally used APP Gunbroker because it "Violated their policy of weapons sales and off color comments" thats some pretty vague language and a pretty serious political power grab in my opinion to shut down a beloved app used by millions of citizens in the U.S. It got me thinking about all the apps I enjoy and use each day, including this one. Of course they still have their website which I will continue to use, but where does it end folks?
It ends when we stop supporting them.

But FB's act of the same during " Arab Spring ",and punishing law abiding people worldwide to the whole number of sales done by future troublemakers is not dealt with. They sold heavy artillery, techicals ,more vehicles and small arms.

If you go to any website on safari and click the share button on the bottom(envelope with an up arrow) you have the option of saving it to your Home Screen. This puts an icon on your screen that will take you straight to the mobile site. Almost the same as the app. This way you guys can get your gunbroker fix while away from home.

My guess would be this was decided by Apple's in-house counsel as a response to the new New York state law allowing for civil cases against a gun manufacturer.

Supporting (in an IT sense) an app could be different than allowing full access to the internet for everyone. If you are able to sue a manufacturer or gun shop, then it's not a legal stretch to claim that Apple should have done more vetting before allowing a restricted person to download a gun buying app and the transaction take place there.

So I think this may be a case of CYA

I can still access GB on my iPhone by simply going to their web URL.

Are we next?
No we are not.
All internet space is privatized.
So, this forum is also private property, and the owners will not, as i suspect, ban hunting related topics and photo materials.

Hunting related posts get banned, in anti hunters owned internet space.

Who pays for the internet space, makes the rules what gets banned and what does not get banned in his little piece of internet world.

In this case apple made the choice to van gb app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg