www.amandlagroup.co.za
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NSA,Kaapj and SA hunters
Hunted
Kudu,impala,springbuck,wildebeest
Hi Guys came across these rounds. Are they any good?

Image1494620010.216187.jpg

Gunwriter Ross Seyfried considered the Winchester Fail Safe to be the best hunting bullet ever made. I used the 180-grain in a .30-06 on a cow Elk with great success in 1999. I recently purchased 200 300-grain .375 bullets off Gunbroker. More than I'll ever need.
Unfortunately, it was an expensive and complex bullet to make so it was dropped by Winchester a number of years ago. They created the XP3 which is similar, but isn't available as a component bullet or so it seems.

Yep! Had a friend that used them.

Never used them but as others have said they are supposed to be a great bullet if your gun shoots them, many don't.

Used them once in my 375hh on Eland. Cant say I was overly impressed with them. All the peddles broke off on both bullets I recovered.

many years ago I used them for whitetail hunting in a 270 BAR.
I was happy with them. killed many deer with them.
Hunting river hill country so all but a few shots were really close.

I guy whom I hunted with back in the 90s used them in one of his Husqvarna .270s to shoot some nice tahr in the Southern Alps. You need a good bullet for that task.

I think this is the best hunting bullet I used.
I used it a lot in 270 Win 140 fr and 300 Win Mag 180 gr. And I still use it.
For African big games, I have 375 H&h 300 gr.
I hope to find some 375 H&H cartridges boxes to sell but it's very difficult...

Hi Guys came across these rounds. Are they any good?

They are excellent. Couple of family members used them in 30-06 and 308 Win on a mixed bag hunt in RSA with outstanding results.

CB

I have used them & the Silvertip Win's in a .270 years ago. Very effective, but man they are hell on deer. Blow out half the animal. Too devastating if such a thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!