Are there any gun shops worth checking out in Jacksonville, FL?

wislnwings

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
I'll be in Jacksonville visiting family for a couple of days. Are there any gun shops worth checking out? Particularly any that stock larger caliber sporting rifles. I'm not really interested in the "tactical" type shops catering to the AR crowd (I own enough AR's for now). Thanks.

Shooters on University Blvd, right off I95.
Lots of ar stuff, but other inventory too.

Nobody in town carries much in the way of large caliber rifles, but there's an old-style hardware/gun store called Curry Thomas Hardware that has lots of African game mounts in the store and occasionally a few interesting used guns on the rack. It's interesting simply because you don't see many of those stores any more. Shooters is mostly for the tactical crowd. There's a place on the West side called Green Acres that has a pretty big selection of hunting gear, but their prices are a bit high. And on the North side, there's a Gander Mountain. If you aren't familiar, it's a chain of big box sporting goods like a Bass Pro or Cabelas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you