Are email servers down in Namibia?

Radiater

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello all,

This is my first post on the forum but I have found it to be a fantastic resource as I am planning my first Safari for 2015. I am looking at a management/cull hunt for my first go around.

I have been emailing several outfitters in South Africa with no trouble. In Fact Marius at KMG Safaris has been extremely responsive and helpful which makes me want to hunt with him.

However I have also sent some emails to outfitters in Namibia with virtually no response including Kowas and Omujeve. I got one reply from Omujeve asking for another email which leads me to believe there may be some problem.

Anyone know of anything preventing email from going through? I use Yahoo here in the US with no problems.

R

Welcome to AH, cull hunts are a great way to get your feet wet in Africa.

Welcome to AH Radiater.:welcome:

Don't know why you aren't getting a response from those two. From what I understand they are both quality outfits. There may be an e-issue.

All the best on planning your hunt. That is part of the fun. If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Hello all,

This is my first post on the forum but I have found it to be a fantastic resource as I am planning my first Safari for 2015. I am looking at a management/cull hunt for my first go around.

I have been emailing several outfitters in South Africa with no trouble. In Fact Marius at KMG Safaris has been extremely responsive and helpful which makes me want to hunt with him.

However I have also sent some emails to outfitters in Namibia with virtually no response including Kowas and Omujeve. I got one reply from Omujeve asking for another email which leads me to believe there may be some problem.

Anyone know of anything preventing email from going through? I use Yahoo here in the US with no problems.

R
gday radiator welcome and enjoy ah mate
maybe your outfitters are at the hunting shows in America ,at the moment .
im sure they6 will be in touch sooon as they can

Sometimes there can be a delay.

It is not the first world!

Thanks for the welcome guys. AH is a tremendous resource IMO!!

Don't know why the delay as I'm getting emails from my guy in Namibia just today. As mentioned, they might be traveling between shows over here. Anyway, welcome to the best site on the internet.

Hello and welcome.

I have sent and received emails from Namibia over the last couple of days, no problems for me.

I have also been in the situation of not getting replies from outfitters in Namibia, Kowas being one of them. Put it down to experience and move on. There are a large number of outfitters in Namibia who will reply and will work with you to get the best experience for you.

My advice is to go to the NAPHA website, look through the list of members there, visit their respective websites and you can make a shortlist of those who appeal to you in terms of what they offer, the location of their hunting grounds and start emailing.

Those who don't email back within a reasonable amount of time can be discarded and you can keep narrowing your choices down from there.

Sometimes, the bigger and more well known outfitters don't want to have a client on a management hunt or not after the expensive animals when they can fill the slots with hunters with money to spend. I have ignored these 'bigger' operations in favour of family run and smaller businesses who will give a more personal touch.

I think the problem could be that the guys are in the middle of their show season, DSC , VEGAS etc. they might be getting tons of e- mails daily.

But then again Marius isn't a bad choice
Regards
Dave

Anyone know of anything preventing email from going through?

I got an email from Ansie Strauss (Kowas) the other day. She was at the DSC Convention with spotty email access, but said she'd be back in Namibia at the end of January. She's been great about communicating by email, but I don't mind exercising a little patience because of time zones, third-world telecom, and travel to the big conventions.

Thanks guys.

I did not want to bring back a pile of trophys for various reasons thus the management hunt, but I'm confident I'll find the right outfit.

Thanks guys.

I did not want to bring back a pile of trophys for various reasons thus the management hunt, but I'm confident I'll find the right outfit.

I didn't want to bring back a pile of trophies from my hunts either. They just keep jumping into the Baakie and asking me to take them home.:giveusahug:

Good luck with your search.

Welcome to AH, Radiater !

High School Basketball season in Texas is almost over. Junior High Track season will take up April and then its hunting season in Namibia. If there has been a delay in receiving emails from Kowas its because my wife has gotten into serious planning mode. Ansie has sent her a homework assignment and it was forwarded to the rest of the family with a very stern due date. My wife was an honor student for a reason. The homework assignment dealt with favorite beverages, food preferences, and special needs. Ansie is asking us questions before we even know we need to ask questions. Now if I can just get the shooting on sticks concept down. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you