Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
A sister of mine recommended the “Apprentice Ranger” books written by an Australian author she thinks. Before I just randomly google search these, has anyone read them or care to comment on them?-

Maybe you should randomly Google "Apprentice Ranger"...
You might find out that there is a 14 book fantasy adventure saga devoted to it.
Although it is called "Ranger Apprentice", but it was written by an Australian.
Not really my thing, but to each their own.

Might I ask why your sister would recommend these books to you?

My oldest sister who lives out of state has a kid that is reading them and told her that I might enjoy them since
I love outdoors and adventure.
Before I spend any money on them I thought I would ask folks that I know do share my reading interests.
For the record, I am currently reading through “A Hunter’s Hunter” and when I finish that I will start “Gilligans Last Elephant.” Which someone on here

:LOL:I laughed right out loud when I did google it just now. Definitely not my reading style. Apparently she doesn’t read them either. I wonder if her kid thinks I am the nerdy uncle! I think I showed an interest in some of his things last time I visited them and he feels like we bonded or something

You are not into teenager fantasy books?

:LOL:So many replies to your post-
1. I am and was hoping to meet some likeminded readers on this site.
2. Not even when I was a teenager.
3. It’s just something I’m exploring.
4. Yes but only the out of space kind.
5. I’m more into werewolfs
6. Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it-how do you know you don’t like it if you never try it.
7. I hope you had to google it too.
8. Reading teenage fantasy books is how I practice my English. You can learn a lot about history as well as the future from them.
9. Books for people my age tend to be too violent
10. It helps keep me in touch with my children
—that’s my top ten best answers Mr. Tanks, thanks for the pm, I’ll send them off to you as I finish them;)

6. Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it-how do you know you don’t like it if you never try it.

Actually, I am a fan of science fiction/fantasy. According to my digital purchase record on Amazon I have bought and read 181 Kindle titles in the last 12 months. I don't watch TV (don't even have cable), just read instead. As Omar Kayyam said :

"Here with a Loaf of Bread beneath the Bough,
A Flask of Wine, a Book of Verse–and Thou
Beside me singing in the Wilderness–
And Wilderness is Paradise enow."

Replace bread with a bowl of grapes or cherries and I am good for a relaxing time.

I did read the synopsis of the first one of these books. Plot line seems very familiar, hence my disinterest in it. ;)

Big fan of sunflower seeds but Cherries just in season now so I’m right with you there. I once made a friend in author Orson Scott Card. He autographed and made personal comments in several books he had written and gave them to me. Even tho I don’t read much in his genre, they are priceless keepsakes that I treasure. I have a picture of he and I which is rare since he doesn’t like pictures of himself. Learned a few things from him I have tried to emulate as a father-

Last edited:
Long as we are on the non hunting topic. Here are a couple of my favorites-yes I have some teenage daughters and a six year old son so bear with me.
image.jpg

You have to do the voices And accents to get the full force of little skippyjon.
2EF12757-E14A-44E5-A34F-B3D100CD3CA8.jpeg

My prize collection of cowboy Sam books. Irresplaceable, formative, inspiring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!