Anyone use the .270 Winchester?

The 270 is my go to elk rifle, (FN made Model 70 Featherweight). It has a 24 inch barrel, dont think I'd want a longer one.

I like the Eldx in my 6.5, havent tried them in my 270. I love the Hornady 150 gr. IBs, except Hornady doesnt make them any more.

They are pricy but they have the same bc as the 150 SST so I use them for practice and banging steel. I'll save my IBs for hunting as long as they last. I only load them to 2800 FPS, never seen the need to shoot them faster.

The 270 is my go to elk rifle, (FN made Model 70 Featherweight). It has a 24 inch barrel, dont think I'd want a longer one.

I like the Eldx in my 6.5, havent tried them in my 270. I love the Hornady 150 gr. IBs, except Hornady doesnt make them any more.

They are pricy but they have the same bc as the 150 SST so I use them for practice and banging steel. I'll save my IBs for hunting as long as they last. I only load them to 2800 FPS, never seen the need to shoot them faster.

My BDL in 270 is my go to elk rifle as well as mule deer, javelina, black bears. Enough with a premium expanding bullet (A-Frame, Partition, etc) for anything in the lower 48. I still use 150g Partitions at 3000 fps in my 270. I use 300g A-Frames at 2750 fps for my 375 Weatherby and 570 TSX.s at 2300 fps for my 500 Jeffery which I will take to Alaska should I be blessed to do another brown bear hunt.

Smoked a Pa Buck @ 100yrds opening day with my M70 in .270. I had a Leupold CDS dial created for inexpensive, readily available Winchester Power Points in 130 grain. Very accurate as tested to 300 yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!