Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
Hunted
Africa, Europe, Asia, North America
I am just checking to see if any forum members are still making trips to Africa in October. I've heard from some that they really enjoy going this late...but i've also heard that you can run into rains and ruin your hunt.

I have booked my hunt for next year already (back to Spiral Horn Safaris) but i've often thought a late, late hunt might be fun. Anyone taken an October/November bowhunt to Africa?

Hi, I'm Don. I'm considering a first hunt in South Africa in Aug-Oct of 2011. I really enjoy bowhunting but not sure exactly all of the details yet. I welcome more information on narrowing down the date and information! Thanks in advance. :)

Tom - I hunted the Limpopo region first week of November last year and yes the rains had started. However it wasn't a real issue, it depends what your after, it was still ok for blind hunting around the water holes but it was great for walk and stalk as there was much more cover. I went back this year in August and blind hunting was excellent as the animals must come in for water but walk and stalk was really difficult due to lack of foliage on the trees and everything is dry so getting within bow range is a real challenge.
Really depends what your after, I had a great time on both occassions - either way it sure beats working!

Don, click here for some information that you might be interested to read on Hunting in South Africa.

You may experience some rain in October but generally it will still be dry, and hot. The "small" rainy season is typically from about late October to early December.

I would say that most years October in Namibia or South Africa would be great for bowhunting. I have hunted both October and November and animals were still coming to water holes (but I hunt mostly with a rifle). I did bowhunt Namibia the end of Sept. and the first few days Oct. this year and it was hot and dry with a constant stream of animals at the water holes. Another good thing about late hunts is that you can usually find some good deals on hunts and the airfare is usually a bit cheaper as well.

Hi Tom. I know that croc and hippo with bow are still opened until end November in Mozambique. One thing to consider is of cause the heat. It is VERY hot, but best time to get BIG crocs. I always hunt on NHENDA at Cahora Bassa, and i give you best recommendations.

Kind regards
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois