Anyone knows PH Butch Coaton?

nube

Reaction score
Trying to see if anyone knows anything about Brendon (Butch) Coaton? I think he is a PH in Zim?

nube, Professional Hunter Butch Coaton is indeed from Zimbabwe, he is well known and also the son-in-law of Roger Whittall.

nube

Welcome to AH

Thanks James. Been on here for quite a while. I don't post a whole lot. The reason for my question is that I am booked with Zambezi hunters in August and my friend is hunting with Butch and I wanted soem info to find out the experience level and the good and bad if there was anything to say about him. It sounds like he has the experience for sure. I imagine it is all o.k but I here too many horror stories and want to make sure this trip of a lifetime is going to go well. Thanks for the info.

Thanks James. Been on here for quite a while. I don't post a whole lot. The reason for my question is that I am booked with Zambezi hunters in August and my friend is hunting with Butch and I wanted soem info to find out the experience level and the good and bad if there was anything to say about him. It sounds like he has the experience for sure. I imagine it is all o.k but I here too many horror stories and want to make sure this trip of a lifetime is going to go well. Thanks for the info.

I would send a PM to safari-lawyer, aka Will. He has hunted I think at least twice with Zambezi Hunters, though I'm not sure he's hunted with Butch or not. I met Will at DSC and he's a good guy. Go here and send him a PM and ask him about Butch.

http://www.africahunting.com/members/safari-lawyer.html

FWIW, ZH from what I can tell is a top notch outfit and I wouldn't think you'd have anything to be concerned about.

Good luck on your hunt with Theirry and Butch.
Hope it goes well.
Do post your reports here.

Thanks for the info. i talked with Will on a few occasions the last couple years. He has great things to say about Thierry who is my PH but I have not heard anything about Butch. Like you said, Zambezi is top notch and I would not expect things to change but it is nice to know a little about the PH's and if anyone has any experience with Butc. I think hearing stories of your PH and learning about them is part of the fun before a trip. I will report when I get back. Tahnks guys. It will be a great hunt.

Butch is a good guy from what I have heard.

Thanks guys for the comments. Allistair filled in my friend about his personality a bit and what to expect. They sure run a great outfitt from all I have heard and I think we will have a great hunt. They have worked real hard to make it everything we want it to be.

Nube

Butch is a well respected, very experienced PH you will have a great time. Good luck and enjoy

Martin

butch is an extremely experienced hunter , a great guy and zambezi hunters is a great operation , you have no worries at all there ..i did my first dangerous game hunt as an appy with butch in 1989 in the omay, and we have remained good friends ever since ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LashawnHay

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,