Anyone in south Louisiana?

MLindsay

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI
My cousin lives out in Baton Rogue, he too is a gun nut haha. I don't think he is into the big bore African rifles though. Are you from the south originally? I'm a damn Yankee because I moved down here and stayed haha.
Born in Mobile and raised in Alexandria

Rick HOlbert

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA life member
Hunted
plains game
Any good gun shops in Baton Rogue, i.e. ones that carry unique fine arms?
Well sir I'm sorry to say not really. I recently retired from working at Jim's Firearms. For 9 years I tried to get management to carry suitable rifles for big game hunting ( there's enough people in BR who hunt big game) and as a handloader for 57 years I tried to get them to expand the reloading section. All fell on deaf ears. I got tired of beating a dead horse so figured it was time to go and devote more time to my hunting. Going back to Namibia May 31st this year and will enjoy what Africa has to offer. Closest place I know of that carries interesting firearms is Dealers in Houston. Bit of a drive but worth it.
Have a great day

MLindsay

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Well sir I'm sorry to say not really. I recently retired from working at Jim's Firearms. For 9 years I tried to get management to carry suitable rifles for big game hunting ( there's enough people in BR who hunt big game) and as a handloader for 57 years I tried to get them to expand the reloading section. All fell on deaf ears. I got tired of beating a dead horse so figured it was time to go and devote more time to my hunting. Going back to Namibia May 31st this year and will enjoy what Africa has to offer. Closest place I know of that carries interesting firearms is Dealers in Houston. Bit of a drive but worth it.
Have a great day
The only place that might have something of interest would be Cabelas. I have all I need for anything in the world so I do not look very often.
I will also be back in Africa this summer, Zim in August

Captain Munro

AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
jtwannabewriter.blogspot.com
Have a great day
Good luck on your hunt! There isnt anything in the New Olreans are either, it's all ARs and other tacticool firearms. I was in the army so I find the AR platform boring now. Give me the big bores!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeMir

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.