Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Good day,
I am thinking of planning a trip to NZ for Tahr and Chamois in 2017. Peter Chamberlain at Kiwi Wilderness Safaris offers an "Off Peak" hunt. This hunt is ran from Jan-Feb during NZ summer. Capes are not as thick as winter but I would only be doing a European mount so this is not an issue. Just wondering if anyone has hunted with Peter during this hunt (or any other hunt) and if so would appreciate some more info.
Thanks in advance.

Hunted chamois with Peter in early May of this year. Fabulous experience with a tough hunter. Probably the most physically exhausting hunt of my career but at 69 years of age, the body does not function as it once used to 30 years ago. Peter will get the most out of his hunter and is driven to succeed. Have nothing but good things to say about the hunt and the man. You will have a good time and bring your sense of humor as Peter has a very sharp and wry one. Aloha.

Thanks for the reply. Were you fortunate enough to harvest a chamois? Did you see many animals? Scenery looks amazing and it is always fun to share camp with good people.

My son and I hunted with Peter on a off peak (Summer)Wilderness Hunt for Tahr over 10 yrs ago. Great hunt and great guy. We took 3 Bull Tahr on that trip. I returned last April to hunt a Fallow Stag & Red Stag with Peter and he produced the goods as usual.
Highly recommended experienced guide and all round good bloke to boot.
P1020454.JPG
P1020467.JPG

Wow, great pics. Thanks for the reply. My decision is getting easier.

Did take a decent chamois with Peter. Never measured but estimated at SCI high silver or low gold medal. Saw several animals while glassing but this is the first one we attempted a stalk on. Started the stalk at nine in the morning and got back to the vehicle at 10:30 that night. Took the shot at approximately 3pm.

May 2015 chamois 8x10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if new Zealand allowed handguns,my wife and i would of hunted there in a heart beat.

Peter has been in the business a long time, it's well know company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois