Anyone here have experience hunting in Chad?

I waited to reply on this one for a bit. While I never worked in Chad I have recently returned from working in Nigeria. The threat on the Nigerian / Chad border is real. A scaredie cat impacts fewer people than a stupid cat. Being a victim of local crime is on you. When you are rolled by a terrorist organization then you become a problem for others to deal with. Your name is added to the list of people tracked by the US Embassy. The Human Intelligence network begins to look for you and some analyst begins to figure out some things. Depending on whats happening at the time and who took you there may be strategic level collection assets re-tasked or staging of a rescue force. It would be a shame for someone to get killed or injured because someone who wasnt a scaredie cat went hunting.

I think before traveling we all have a responsibility to dissect the threat and how it impacts others. If it just impacts you then go ahead. If others can be impacted then maybe you re-look the "can I vs Should I" line of reasoning.
I appreciate your experience but again you have never hunted in Chad. My point is we should not be put off by news reports or government "recommendations" but get the real intel from the people on the ground. Then we can make an informed decision.
Regards,
Philip

Pakistan, Cameroon
I have been there - not for hunting. When moving around in safe areas, perfectly safe.
However, I consider both locations, primary as EXPENSIVE destinations for hunting. But who can afford, no issue.

I appreciate your experience but again you have never hunted in Chad. My point is we should not be put off by news reports or government "recommendations" but get the real intel from the people on the ground. Then we can make an

I appreciate your experience but you have never looked for Americans for years and worked to execute their recovery. Everywhere on this earth can be visited if you properly account for and mitigate risk. The problem is many have zero idea what that means and rely on others to shoulder that burden for them.

I will weigh in here. After I was attacked in 2016 in CAR, my friends at JSOC in the Pentagon said I never should have went there. Also told me to stay out of Pakistan. They said the problem with Pakistan is one wrong turn and you’re dead. On the other hand, I have a close friend that has went to Pakistan twice since 2016 without a problem. Make sure you have Ripcord, like I did, or something similar.

I might go to Pakistan someday but it wouldn’t be for an ibex. Lots of ibex elsewhere. I would go for sheep or markhor, but not ibex. I’ve considered Pakistan for blue sheep but going to Nepal instead.

As for Chad, I’m not sure. Sounds interesting but more than a little risky. Make sure your outfitter is completely set up with in-country security.

@Scott CWO
Everytime when question of security comes up, I remember your feedback report from CAR. It is good story, for everybody to read.

....... My point is we should not be put off by news reports or government "recommendations" .............. Then we can make an informed decision.
Regards,
Philip

For those of you who might purchase Health,Travel and Life Insurance for one of your adventures, I'd suggest you check with your purveyor. Those "government recommendations" for entry into various countries very often form the basis for your coverage being in force or useless (cancelled).
It is still your financial risk, take it or don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross