Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Black Sheep Bowmen Archery Club.
Hunted
Namibia and South Africa
Hello all, I'm starting to look into things for a hunt next summer near Port Elizabeth. I'm also doing a little touring on the Garden Route post hunt, ending in Cape Town. Originally that meant flying to Jo-berg from there etc. etc. But, since I live in Alaska and Condor goes straight into Frankfurt from Anchorage I decided to look and see if anyone flew from Frankfurt to Cape Town and they do. A flight across to Port Elizabeth seems easy too.

So does anyone have an experience arriving into Cape Town? With the touring I'll only be showing with a bow, hiring a rifle as needed.

Thanks

TTT.
Any experiences with Cape Town would be appreciated. So far it's looking good and I'm going to rent a rifle and take my bow to reduce that complication.

I have not flown into Cape Town from Frankfurt or with a gun or bow. But I have flown into Cape Town. The airport is much smaller, but seemed much safer, unless you look at actual crime stats for the Western Cape and Cape Town specifically. At least the CPT appears not to have the "Airport Robberies" yet. Anyway there is actually lots to see and do in and around Cape Town. Given the choice, I would fly into CPT any day of the week over JNB. However, there are very few flights out of CPT so most are forced to fly to JNB to make connections.

I have not flown into Cape Town from Frankfurt or with a gun or bow. But I have flown into Cape Town. The airport is much smaller, but seemed much safer, unless you look at actual crime stats for the Western Cape and Cape Town specifically. At least the CPT appears not to have the "Airport Robberies" yet. Anyway there is actually lots to see and do in and around Cape Town. Given the choice, I would fly into CPT any day of the week over JNB. However, there are very few flights out of CPT so most are forced to fly to JNB to make connections.
Thanks. That's about what I figured, but any real experience helps. So far there seems to be enogh flights in and out this can work. I hope so, it could really streamline things for me coming from Alaska.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross