Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
P&y, nwtf
i do not want to use the Easton dangerous game arrows because I don't like the hit inserts. Does anyone know anyone that builds custom arrows for dangerous game thanks

Alaska Bowhunting Supply does.
Www.grizzlystik.com
Can't give any first hand opinions of them, but they've been around a while with plenty of happy customers.

i do not want to use the Easton dangerous game arrows because I don't like the hit inserts. Does anyone know anyone that builds custom arrows for dangerous game thanks

Just curious and trying to learn, but what specifically about the inserts is it that you don't like?

Thanks,
Dave

The broad heads I is do not fit in the ht insert
Very interesting. What broadheads do you use? Ive always used Easton FMJ with HIIT and never seen any issues with a wide variety of heads.

So I need to thank this forum. Had a few tell me what I was experiencing should not happen. Got a light and the guy who I had assemble these apparently put to much epoxy in and it somehow filled the nocks. Not an issue with the fmj

Its tedious and Im sure not the only way to do it, but in instances I have had this issue, I heated up the threads on a field point and slowly worked it into the insert making sure I didn't leave it in too long for it to dry. Once you do this several times it usually get all the glue out and doesn't affect the arrow or your usage.

Go to hardware and get a tap and use it to remove the glue out of inserts

The Easton Dangerous Game FMJ inserts are put in with epoxy, not glue. I think you will need a special tap. If you cannot fix them, the person that sold them should have to replace them as dealers are supposed to know how to do this and that is part of what their markup can cover - mishaps. I don't know how common the threads are to find a tap for it.

Curious, how many arrows did you get and how many have the problem?

Easton DG FMJ and Grizzly Stick are probably the top heavy arrows being used. I bought a bunch of the 250 spine full metal jacket arrows and have a very nice but very heavy arrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross