Anybody have any paranormal or supernatural experiences to share??? Firsthand or second?

CJW

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
So I got this idea from another forum I used to visit where quite the thread developed where people were relaying their own paranormal or supernatural experiences or the experiences of people who they new personally. Please don't share some story that you heard on youtube, though there are some good ones on there. The stories varied from seeing things with their own eyes, to their children sharing strange experiences or dreams filled with information they shouldn't know to friends or relatives feeling in distress or a sense of dread all of a sudden and finding the next day that a relative had died at that exact time the day prior. The thread was difficult to pull myself away from and more than once made my hair stand on end. It was for the most part without gore and few people who are semi open could read it without thinking beyond themselves and what they have always thought they knew. That forum was much larger than this one so it went on for pages and probably continued to grow, but let's see if we can get anyone to share. I haven't personally experienced anything myself but I can relay a few.

I grew up with the same hairdresser until the age of about 16. For as long as I can remember, she would tell stories of what she called a poltergeist that she shared a house with. She never perceived it as having malicious intent but instead was more of a jokester. Things would happen like the bread she put in the freezer after shopping would the next day be in the refrigerator. Her hairdryer would turn on without her touching it. Various other things would disappear and show up again in their rightful place later on. She always seemed serious and wasn't just convincing to me but to my parents as well and she lived alone so that takes out the mischievous significant other factor.

Two and three are from my mother's boss when I was a kid and into HS. The first happened at their first country home and was relayed to him by his two very young at the time daughters. I believe they are only separated by 1.5 years or so. The two girls were in one or the others bedroom playing and suddenly they both called for their parents in excitement. The parents reached the hallway upstairs and saw the two girls at the threshold of the bedroom door looking in their direction. They asked them what in the world was going on to which the girls replied that they were in the bedroom playing, situated in a manner that both girls could see out into the hallway and all of a sudden a dog ran past the door and down the hallway. They said they got up, of course in excitement to a new dog like any good child would and ran to the door and into the hallway to catch up to it. When they reached the hallway, they arrived just in time to see it run through the wall at the other end and disappear never to be seen again. This home had been in their family well before they lived there but to my knowledge there was never any consensus as to what dog it might have been from the past if you are to believe such things. The two girls were also not the types to make things like this up or play games, especially at this age.

The next was another experienced by the same two young girls at their new to them house, but another country house that has been in his family for at least three generations now. At this point the girls were a couple years older, probably 6 and 8 or a touch older. The two girls had come home from school at normal time and were in the front of the house. Now the front door on a farmhouse as most know often goes unused even though there is usually a welcome mat and maybe even a well kept sidewalk for any possible visitors who are usually the only ones who use it. The same was true at this house and the family almost always used the back door which was closer to the garage and provided an area for dirty shoes and boots. So once again the two girls called for their mother who was also home, but this time they were only relaying to her that their dad who we'll call Bill, had returned home from work. To this, their mother thought it strange that Bill was home so early as he was a veterinarian and often didn't return home until well after 5 or 6 depending on his day. If he was going to be home early it was usually planned and for a reason to which she would know. It was now only around 4 o'clock. She left the kitchen to go to the front of the house where the two girls were and to look out the dining room window to the north side of the house where the driveway was and she saw no Ford F150 where he usually parks. Their mother then looked at them and asked where they saw him. They said that they saw him walk past the windows on the east side of the house on the sidewalk leading to the front door but when they went around the corner to meet him, nobody was there. Now she was suspicious because of no truck and nobody standing at the front door which he probably hadn't gone through in weeks or at least days and almost certainly wouldn't use coming home from work. One daughter piped up and said for some reason he was wearing a hat and that at first she didn't think it was him because of it but then realized that it did look like him. I have personally known this man since I was just a wee tot and other than in the winter when he wore a bomber hat or stocking cap, it was a very rare and strange occurrence to see him in even a ball cap and this was indeed summer. His wife also came to the same conclusion and was once again suspicious of the girls story but they swore up one side and down the other that it was their father or at least someone who very closely resembled their father but they did see someone. Of course when he did get home an hour or so later she told him what happened and they both were at a loss. Upon more thought of the situation and with a bit of faith they both realized that the man who once lived at the house, and to who my knowledge probably built the house, was his grandfather whom everyone in the family knew Bill took after to a T in the looks department. Same tall, slender and athletic build and uncanny facial resemblance. The only difference that would set them apart from a distance was that he always wore a hat. This experience was much easier for them to believe because since they had lived there they had also experienced some strange goings on. Harmless things like Bill hearing the stairs leading to the second floor making noise even though he was home alone and in the kitchen sitting down. He also said that he was experiencing strange things like sandpaper or tools disappearing in his basement shop only to turn up later or in a different spot.

The fourth is verifiable with a quick internet search if anybody wishes but my source is my sister as she worked there for a number of years. I live in northern Wisconsin and after a couple of years of moving here my sister decided to move up here as well as my entire immediate family have vacationed here for years and have a cabin on a lake. She is a cook and landed a job at Little Bohemia Lodge up north around Manitowish Waters. To my knowledge nobody in my family has ever eaten here or knew anything about it until she started working there. Anyways, Little Bohemia Lodge is the famous location of a shootout between John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson some others from his gang and Melvin Pervis and other FBI agents back in '34. It is a very neat place to check out if you're going buy. Many bullet holes in the walls and windows are preserved and I have to imagine there are still slugs in the walls but I haven't been there in a while. There are also of course artifacts left behind by the gang and various news clippings. A revolver was actually found in the water up the the shoreline a few years ago. I don't know if it was one of there's or not but they did make a break for it out the back door. As to the haunting, I think they say it is by a civilian killed accidentally in the shootout but I'm not sure when the strange things started happening. According to my sister and many others who worked at or frequent the place it is not uncommon for things like the taps in the bathrooms to turn on when you're in a stall and alone, lights to turn on and off mysteriously, paper towels to be dispensed while you're still washing your hands, doors to open and close, etc. People staying the night have reported furniture moving around, strange noises and shadow figures and apparitions. My sister says that some of these things did happen to her often in her time there. Personally I was only there 6 or 7 times and avoided the bathrooms if I could help it. I was alone in the basement a few times as I worked there a couple Saturday nights as a dishwasher and prep cook but I guess I wasn't worth messing with.

The last is from a coworker who walked in on myself and another coworker having this exact conversation. She said that she and her husband were using a dresser that was already in a house shortly after they got married or that they had gotten from a friend or family member, I can't remember which. Long story short the drawers didn't like being in the dresser and after being pushed back in after slowly sliding out would fly out onto the floor spilling their contents while also scaring the hell out of them. I think they got rid of it.

Maybe I'll try to find the inspiration thread to this and post it.

Anybody else?

So I got this idea from another forum I used to visit where quite the thread developed where people were relaying their own paranormal or supernatural experiences or the experiences of people who they new personally. Please don't share some story that you heard on youtube, though there are some good ones on there. ...

Anybody else?
May not have been paranormal but looked it if you were there:

Long about 1973, our church hosted a Christian music group on a nation-wide tour for two(?) performances over a weekend. One of the band had quite the testimony: he'd been way at the other end of the spectrum only a couple of years prior. Part of his back-story was showing a compact text from his earlier days; about the size of a New Testament. According to him, the contents were very nasty stuff. And he'd become uncomfortable keeping it even as a prop. He asked about having it destroyed.

Dad offered to let the young man burn it in our incinerator* ... We were the 2nd house from the church. So very convenient. The young man and one or two others from the music group, myself and a couple of boys my age to 2yrs older and Dad. I'd already taken out the trash and burned it the day before or thereabouts. So not much fuel yet: about 1 small-town newspaper and about as much again miscellaneous. The young man hands the little book to Dad ... he places it in the barrel, sets a light to the trash. We're standing around talking and singing for a while, the fire dies down. No surprise, hardly anything in there ... Dad reaches up into the little elm tree over the incinerator and breaks off a small branchlet. Dad leans in to stir the ashes ... and just as he's straightening up ... a flame like that drum was a blow-torch ... but a blow-torch with a poor fuel-air mix (red-yellow flames) shoots up out of that drum. It knocks Dad's hat off onto the ground and withers the elm leaves ~3m/10ft up from the ground ... roughly 2x the height of the drum high. It burned like that for a few seconds and shrunk back about as though the incinerator were as full as I'd fill it for a burn. After another 1/2 a minute or so it dwindled from there and then went out.

Several people each had a chin-shaped dent on his chest. Dad's eyebrows were gone. We talked about it but couldn't figure out any normal way for that to have happened.

*- For the young: usually, and in our case, a 55gal steel drum with one end cut out. Throw flammable trash in; set it alight; keep about 1/2 of 1/2 of an eye on it until no more smoke comes out; stir the ashes be be confident it won't revive later.

When I lived in England as a youth I was good friends with a fellow named Carl. We both sported leather jackets with lots of painted on logos of bands etc. And we wore them out to frequent trips to the pub. I remember his a being very vivid and detailed. (It was a rather misspent youth). He was a year or two my senior, and he was the sort of friend that felt like a mentor, if you know what I mean.

Shortly after I moved back to Canada he was killed on his motorcycle. Unable to attend the funeral, and very depressed, I went out and got very drunk. Walking home much later than closing time I was alone on a street by my house. As I walked down the empty street I was suddenly aware I was not alone. Up ahead was a fellow on a parked motorcycle. I slowed a little but still approached this guy on his bike parked at the side of the road. My drunk mind was convincing me it was my friend come to say goodbye. The feelings became very strong as I approached him and I wanted to say something. It really took an effort not to blurt out an emotional hello to this fellow on the bike. But, retaining a modicum sense, I forced myself to keep my drunken head down and averted my gaze. To calm the strong, almost overwhelming, urge to greet this guy I told myself it was only him if he had on that jacket. I passed the guy sitting on his bike and looked back at his jacket - not him, it was a plain black jacket except for a single word painted across the bottom. Somewhat embarrassed by my own emotions at the moment I staggered away and heard the biker ride off.

A few days later I made a call to a mutual friend back in England. We were talking about Carl and how we missed him. I mentioned to her the experience I had and laughed at my own silliness. She was dead quiet for a bit and then told me - when Carl died he wasn't wearing his jacket, the one he had on was a simple black jacket with the word Beretta painted on the bottom. The chill than ran through me at that moment was really something because the emotions were so real that night. I have always wondered what I would have seen if I had looked up and said hello. Drunken coincidence or final farewell?

True story.

Been thinking pretty hard on this subject. Have had some dreams and nightmares that are difficult to dismiss. A few, when I was much younger, were repeating types and some were continuations of stories over time. The other types of mental aberrations which are really spooky to me and continue occasionally to this day are the de ja vu experiences. I know the scientific explanation and that makes sense but still- yikes!

The only truly unexplained experiences I've had or recall have been catching single point light flashes out of the corner of my eye emanating from the southern night sky. It has happened fairly often and I can't dismiss it as an artifact of something common or easily explainable. None of the possibilities seem to work- strobe from airplane, strobe from satellite, physical anomaly within my eye, etc. That leaves less likely and less believable possibilities like quasar or pulsar bursts of certain types of radiation from certain angles that may be firing retinal cells in the eye.

I haven't seen any "bigfeet" nor gray aliens nor alien craft nor ghosts. But the subject of unexplained phenomena is immensely interesting, and IMO, worthy of sharing. I do miss Art Bell, RIP. I was a devoted listener to his various late night programs during his career. He was very talented and had a rare and super intelligent type of wit! I still listen to some of his "Somewhere In Time" programs when the local AM stations carry the replays.

Even if certain ones have been or are explained, IMO, some crop circles are simply baffling. Seemingly physically impossible for a few pranksters to create overnight. I remain open minded about them. :)

So I got this idea from another forum I used to visit where quite the thread developed where people were relaying their own paranormal or supernatural experiences or the experiences of people who they new personally. Please don't share some story that you heard on youtube, though there are some good ones on there. The stories varied from seeing things with their own eyes, to their children sharing strange experiences or dreams filled with information they shouldn't know to friends or relatives feeling in distress or a sense of dread all of a sudden and finding the next day that a relative had died at that exact time the day prior. The thread was difficult to pull myself away from and more than once made my hair stand on end. It was for the most part without gore and few people who are semi open could read it without thinking beyond themselves and what they have always thought they knew. That forum was much larger than this one so it went on for pages and probably continued to grow, but let's see if we can get anyone to share. I haven't personally experienced anything myself but I can relay a few.

I grew up with the same hairdresser until the age of about 16. For as long as I can remember, she would tell stories of what she called a poltergeist that she shared a house with. She never perceived it as having malicious intent but instead was more of a jokester. Things would happen like the bread she put in the freezer after shopping would the next day be in the refrigerator. Her hairdryer would turn on without her touching it. Various other things would disappear and show up again in their rightful place later on. She always seemed serious and wasn't just convincing to me but to my parents as well and she lived alone so that takes out the mischievous significant other factor.

Two and three are from my mother's boss when I was a kid and into HS. The first happened at their first country home and was relayed to him by his two very young at the time daughters. I believe they are only separated by 1.5 years or so. The two girls were in one or the others bedroom playing and suddenly they both called for their parents in excitement. The parents reached the hallway upstairs and saw the two girls at the threshold of the bedroom door looking in their direction. They asked them what in the world was going on to which the girls replied that they were in the bedroom playing, situated in a manner that both girls could see out into the hallway and all of a sudden a dog ran past the door and down the hallway. They said they got up, of course in excitement to a new dog like any good child would and ran to the door and into the hallway to catch up to it. When they reached the hallway, they arrived just in time to see it run through the wall at the other end and disappear never to be seen again. This home had been in their family well before they lived there but to my knowledge there was never any consensus as to what dog it might have been from the past if you are to believe such things. The two girls were also not the types to make things like this up or play games, especially at this age.

The next was another experienced by the same two young girls at their new to them house, but another country house that has been in his family for at least three generations now. At this point the girls were a couple years older, probably 6 and 8 or a touch older. The two girls had come home from school at normal time and were in the front of the house. Now the front door on a farmhouse as most know often goes unused even though there is usually a welcome mat and maybe even a well kept sidewalk for any possible visitors who are usually the only ones who use it. The same was true at this house and the family almost always used the back door which was closer to the garage and provided an area for dirty shoes and boots. So once again the two girls called for their mother who was also home, but this time they were only relaying to her that their dad who we'll call Bill, had returned home from work. To this, their mother thought it strange that Bill was home so early as he was a veterinarian and often didn't return home until well after 5 or 6 depending on his day. If he was going to be home early it was usually planned and for a reason to which she would know. It was now only around 4 o'clock. She left the kitchen to go to the front of the house where the two girls were and to look out the dining room window to the north side of the house where the driveway was and she saw no Ford F150 where he usually parks. Their mother then looked at them and asked where they saw him. They said that they saw him walk past the windows on the east side of the house on the sidewalk leading to the front door but when they went around the corner to meet him, nobody was there. Now she was suspicious because of no truck and nobody standing at the front door which he probably hadn't gone through in weeks or at least days and almost certainly wouldn't use coming home from work. One daughter piped up and said for some reason he was wearing a hat and that at first she didn't think it was him because of it but then realized that it did look like him. I have personally known this man since I was just a wee tot and other than in the winter when he wore a bomber hat or stocking cap, it was a very rare and strange occurrence to see him in even a ball cap and this was indeed summer. His wife also came to the same conclusion and was once again suspicious of the girls story but they swore up one side and down the other that it was their father or at least someone who very closely resembled their father but they did see someone. Of course when he did get home an hour or so later she told him what happened and they both were at a loss. Upon more thought of the situation and with a bit of faith they both realized that the man who once lived at the house, and to who my knowledge probably built the house, was his grandfather whom everyone in the family knew Bill took after to a T in the looks department. Same tall, slender and athletic build and uncanny facial resemblance. The only difference that would set them apart from a distance was that he always wore a hat. This experience was much easier for them to believe because since they had lived there they had also experienced some strange goings on. Harmless things like Bill hearing the stairs leading to the second floor making noise even though he was home alone and in the kitchen sitting down. He also said that he was experiencing strange things like sandpaper or tools disappearing in his basement shop only to turn up later or in a different spot.

The fourth is verifiable with a quick internet search if anybody wishes but my source is my sister as she worked there for a number of years. I live in northern Wisconsin and after a couple of years of moving here my sister decided to move up here as well as my entire immediate family have vacationed here for years and have a cabin on a lake. She is a cook and landed a job at Little Bohemia Lodge up north around Manitowish Waters. To my knowledge nobody in my family has ever eaten here or knew anything about it until she started working there. Anyways, Little Bohemia Lodge is the famous location of a shootout between John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson some others from his gang and Melvin Pervis and other FBI agents back in '34. It is a very neat place to check out if you're going buy. Many bullet holes in the walls and windows are preserved and I have to imagine there are still slugs in the walls but I haven't been there in a while. There are also of course artifacts left behind by the gang and various news clippings. A revolver was actually found in the water up the the shoreline a few years ago. I don't know if it was one of there's or not but they did make a break for it out the back door. As to the haunting, I think they say it is by a civilian killed accidentally in the shootout but I'm not sure when the strange things started happening. According to my sister and many others who worked at or frequent the place it is not uncommon for things like the taps in the bathrooms to turn on when you're in a stall and alone, lights to turn on and off mysteriously, paper towels to be dispensed while you're still washing your hands, doors to open and close, etc. People staying the night have reported furniture moving around, strange noises and shadow figures and apparitions. My sister says that some of these things did happen to her often in her time there. Personally I was only there 6 or 7 times and avoided the bathrooms if I could help it. I was alone in the basement a few times as I worked there a couple Saturday nights as a dishwasher and prep cook but I guess I wasn't worth messing with.

The last is from a coworker who walked in on myself and another coworker having this exact conversation. She said that she and her husband were using a dresser that was already in a house shortly after they got married or that they had gotten from a friend or family member, I can't remember which. Long story short the drawers didn't like being in the dresser and after being pushed back in after slowly sliding out would fly out onto the floor spilling their contents while also scaring the hell out of them. I think they got rid of it.

Anybody else?
When I was younger I would openly make fun of people that claimed to have paranormal experiences. Then I started working in the prison system. As with most newer staff, I spent quite a bit of time working on the "graveyard" shift. After attending the correctional academy along with a guy that would become a good personal friend, we were both picked up as permanent officers, and ended up as partners in the Close Custody Unit (CCU) in a women's prison. A count was always held at midnight and are done in a precise manner. One officer would remain in the control booth while the other would count each cell for the number of offenders in each cell. There could be 0, 1 or 2. After the first officer finished counting the officers traded places and the second officer would count following the same procedure. The count sheets were pre printed with each cell marked. I went first and came back muttering "Damn!" I told my partner that I had a count of 126, but I knew we only had 125 in the unit. He told me not to worry and he would find it. While he was out I looked at the "Master Count Sheet." I found that I had counted 1 in a cell that should have had zero. Looking at the cell from the booth I clearly remembered seeing an offender on the top bunk. She had long, dark hair and I could see her cheek and one ear. Seeing "living, breathing flesh" is a requirement. When my friend returned he told me that he also had 126. We compared count sheets and both had one in the cell that should have had none. I told him what I had seen and he remembered the same thing. He went to look in the cell again and came back shaking his head and saying the cell was empty. Then I went and verified. There was no offender inside, no blankets or sheets. Both mattresses were rolled up at the foot of the beds. There is no way that we both counted the same nonexistent offender in the same bed if she wasn't there...but she wasn't.

Another time, I was assisting a unit officer to count in a minimum custody unit. We heard water suddenly start gushing while we were on a tier. When we approached the janitor closet, we could hear the water running inside. The door, of course, was locked, and if anyone else had come onto the tier while we were counting we would have seen them. I unlocked the door and an overhead hose was whipping around in a floor basin where they filled buckets. Both hot and cold faucet handles had been turned on to maximum full while the door to the closet was closed and locked. So who did it?

I have another couple of creepy incidents but mostly based on unexplainable sounds. I also heard many strange stories from other staff and offenders over the years. I stopped making fun of people that tell me they've had paranormal experiences.

The only direct experience I have had was a UFO type sighting. I was headed out early one morning to do some deer hunting, and arrived to the property I was going to sit well before daylight on a calm, clear night. I had a few extra minutes and decided to just sit in the truck for a few minutes with the engine off and everything dark.

As I sat there, I noticed a strange dot of light. As it moved, I considered it as a plane flying across the sky. But that didn't seem right, so I thought perhaps a shooting star. But it was too slow for that and stayed lit. Perplexed, i continued to watch as it almost came to a standstill. Maybe it was just a country house light. No, too bright and there are no houses in that direction for miles, well beyond range of seeing a light.

Finally, as im convincing myself its just a star or something, it started moving in unexplainable up/down/left/right movements. The best way I can describe it is as a drone with a light, that someone is a poor operator and incapable of hovering in a stationary position. But this was before drones got even base level popularity, in a rural area where noone lived or would be, at a time of day that makes no sense to have someone flying a drone, and especially not in that flight motion manner.

I noted its position relative to my trucks orientation and decided I'd have to think on it or go check the land where it "should be" coming from after I got done hunting. As I walked that direction from my truck to where I was going to sit, it stayed for a few more minutes (still moving around, not in a pattern) but I lost it while passing through some trees. When I hit the next clearing it was gone.

Never could actually explain what I saw.

At home in Soldotna we have a relatively new restaurant named Whistle Hill aka Addie Camp. In addition to a normal restaurant building they also have some old railroad passenger cars. The first was actually from the Alaska Railroad and became a coffee shop. Another is an 1800’s car from South Dakota. You can eat either in the restaurant itself or in the railroad car.

One winters eve we decided to have dinner in the rail car. We were seated are the far end. There were other diners in the car. Both of us immediately got a creepy uneasy feeling that lasted through dinner. We agreed to never eat in that car again.

Neat time we came for dinner we specified the restaurant. The greeter that night happened to be a good friend of ours. We told her about the feelings we both had before when eating in the rail car.

She looked at us, then looked around to be sure no one else was listening and whispered that a number of servers had had similar feelings and in fact had seen a pair of cowboy boots under a table on multiple occasions but when looking above there was no one there. They started calling this entity “boots”.

Now when we go to dinner we always ask the help if they’ve seen “boots”. Generally someone has.

Last edited:
A friend of a very good friend had a young son, about 8, who became very sick. When it was clear the son wasn't going to make it, the guy sat in a chair and just held his son on his lap and spent time talking with him as the young man slowly faded away.

Eventually the boy became very still for a few minutes, then all the sudden lifted his head and looked into the upper corner of the room. He said to his dad, "They're here, I've got to go." Then laid back in his dad's arms and died.

That story always gave me chills.

Like a lot of people, I’m not exactly sure where I stand on that issue however I’m much more open minded than I used to be. My ex-wife used to rent a building that she operated a hair/nail salon. A lot of unexplainable things went on there fairly regularly. Bottles of shampoo would be knocked off of shelves. Those big round hair dryers that ladies would sit under would fall down for no reason. The water would suddenly turn on at the hair wash sinks. Radios would turn on without being touched. One evening after closing, my ex was cutting my stepson’s hair while the girls and I went to rent a movie. When we got back my stepson was out in the parking lot with half a haircut done and he wouldn’t go back inside. In the salon there was a furnished suite that was vacant. When I asked my ex what happened she said it sounded like someone was pushing a chair across the room. I checked and there was nobody up there. Another time one of the hairdressers was working on a client’s hair when we came in to drop off some supplies. She said it had sounded like someone was throwing pots around upstairs. Again nobody was up there. My ex was writing in the appointment book one afternoon when her calculator suddenly flew off the desk. Similarly the nail tech was putting some new nails on a client and had her cell phone sitting on the table beside her. The phone stood up on end by itself for a couple seconds before it fell back down. Many of these events happened in front of more than one witness. My only experience at that salon happened while I was sitting at the front of the building waiting for my ex to finish up what she was doing. I had a good view of the front deck and street from the front window. The door was to the right side of the window and my ex had her door key inserted in the lock. This key was on a ring with many other keys on it. I happened to be staring right at them while I was waiting when all of a sudden they started swinging and jangling while they hung from the lock. I could clearly see that there was nobody on the other side of the door and there was no draft in the building. My ex and her workers decided one night to have a medium (psychic?) come in and try to communicate with whatever was doing this. She said afterwards that she felt it was the spirit of a child that was just being mischievous. Makes one wonder.

In regards to dreams, I was sleeping at my parents one night and dreamed that I had rolled my truck. In the early morning my mother woke me up to tell me that my brother had rolled his truck that night and they were heading to the hospital. That shook me up.

Anybody else?
Yes indeed! My ex wife. She's the reason I keep a bottle of holy water, a wreath of garlic, a wooden stake and a mallet next to the front door in case she ever shows up. The only undead I worry about.

Like a lot of people, I’m not exactly sure where I stand on that issue however I’m much more open minded than I used to be. My ex-wife used to rent a building that she operated a hair/nail salon. A lot of unexplainable things went on there fairly regularly. Bottles of shampoo would be knocked off of shelves. Those big round hair dryers that ladies would sit under would fall down for no reason. The water would suddenly turn on at the hair wash sinks. Radios would turn on without being touched. One evening after closing, my ex was cutting my stepson’s hair while the girls and I went to rent a movie. When we got back my stepson was out in the parking lot with half a haircut done and he wouldn’t go back inside. In the salon there was a furnished suite that was vacant. When I asked my ex what happened she said it sounded like someone was pushing a chair across the room. I checked and there was nobody up there. Another time one of the hairdressers was working on a client’s hair when we came in to drop off some supplies. She said it had sounded like someone was throwing pots around upstairs. Again nobody was up there. My ex was writing in the appointment book one afternoon when her calculator suddenly flew off the desk. Similarly the nail tech was putting some new nails on a client and had her cell phone sitting on the table beside her. The phone stood up on end by itself for a couple seconds before it fell back down. Many of these events happened in front of more than one witness. My only experience at that salon happened while I was sitting at the front of the building waiting for my ex to finish up what she was doing. I had a good view of the front deck and street from the front window. The door was to the right side of the window and my ex had her door key inserted in the lock. This key was on a ring with many other keys on it. I happened to be staring right at them while I was waiting when all of a sudden they started swinging and jangling while they hung from the lock. I could clearly see that there was nobody on the other side of the door and there was no draft in the building. My ex and her workers decided one night to have a medium (psychic?) come in and try to communicate with whatever was doing this. She said afterwards that she felt it was the spirit of a child that was just being mischievous. Makes one wonder.

In regards to dreams, I was sleeping at my parents one night and dreamed that I had rolled my truck. In the early morning my mother woke me up to tell me that my brother had rolled his truck that night and they were heading to the hospital. That shook me up.

dreams are really weird things for me. I have had very vivid dreams since i was a kid. I mean creating entire worlds, seeing things I could never think of in real life. I have made up jokes and puns, and on the scary end - conjured things that really give me pause as to what might be going on. Surfing the astral plane? Sure, I'd buy that.

I have even solved questions i was trying to work out in real life. For example: many years ago I was rebuilding my deck and I was about to start laying on the cedar deck boards. Being that it was western washington I wanted the spacing a little bit wider for drainage and to let the needles from the trees pass through easier. Nails were too skinny, and pencils were too fat - and since they had no head I knew they would fall right through to the ground. So for a week or so was thinking about what to use.

Enter my dream: In my dream one night, I was building a dock that jutted out into a lake or other body of water. As I was about to set a board to nail it down, I reached down into my belt bag and grabbed what turned out to be the perfect item for me to use in real life: a golf tee. I woke up with that idea in my head, went down to the garage to my golf bag (I hadn't played golf in 15 years) and grabbed a handful of tees. They were the perfect solution that I could not think of in my waking life, but was able to while dreaming. I have solved several things like this.

I can't say I've had premonitions, but it's very hard for me to believe that what I see and experience is just a chemical reaction and meaningless.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJW
For a guy who doesn't really buy into this stuff I have two stories:

First was a near death experience. I only talk about it briefly here and there. Was involved in a pretty gnarly motorcycle crash at the age of 18. Woman blew a red light in a full size Cadillac and basically cut my CBR600 in half right in front of my left leg going 50mph. Last thing I remember was seeing headlights about 3' left of me and then a massive impact, then everything went black. When I saw the headlights my first thought was "Well that's it. Guess this is how I die." Everything was black. I could hear people screaming "He's dead, oh my God!" "Someone call 911!" The women on the scene were screaming and crying, boyfriends/husbands telling them not to look. I could see my body lying face down on the pavement. There were no sensations in my body. Peaceful paralysis is the best description I can give. At that point my "soul", or whatever you want to call it, was just drifting off, above my body. I remember thinking "Will I go to heaven? Is this it?" I was watching just a black canvas with my body lying flat on the pavement, face down, from above. I kept drifting away from it, upwards. I had a deep sadness in me. There was no pain, though. I missed my family, my friends, and I was sad I let them down. Then I began to let go, realizing this was it.

All of a sudden, I stopped floating as if a hand stopped me from above. In an instant the screams and people franticly crying got louder and louder. My "soul" just sort of got sucked back into my body. The instant the two connected, I opened my eyes. I was face down. There was broken glass in my visor. It's amazing the things you vividly remember. I remember looking down and the gum I was chewing was stuck in the visor. Might as well continue with the story... From there I just stood up. Right there was a man with very dark skin. He looked like he saw a ghost. He asked me "Are you OK man?" I said: "Yeah...ummm...I think so." I looked at myself. Arms, check. Legs, check, Man parts, check. I'm standing so...heck...looks like I did OK? I went and sat down on the curb. A police officer came over and checked on me. He told me to stay put. I didn't listen. I went to push myself up off the curb and my collar bone on the left side went "POP!" and basically hit me in the lower left side of my neck. Police officer almost lost his lunch and said "DO NOT MOVE! SIT DOWN AND STAY!" I listened to him that time...

3 broken ribs, shattered collar bone, 12 surgical anchors in my left shoulder after 2 surgeries and I'm in fighting shape to this day. Wrecker who came to get the bike thought I died. Or at least that's what he said the next day when I picked the bike up. They put it into the bed of my father's truck in pieces. Motor was 100' down the road along with the forks and front wheel. Tail end of the bike and swingarm were in the right rear passenger window of the Cadillac. Best guess was she hit me and the back half of the bike whipped around through the passenger window. I must have gone over the bars, into the windshield with my left shoulder, and then over the roof.

I don't really have any PTSD from it. I guess I was too young and stupid to understand the gravity of the situation. I don't know where my "soul" was going. Adrenaline? Shock? Who knows? Maybe I was going to heaven? Maybe not? FYI I rode for another 10 years after before giving it up. I still can remember that peaceful sensation of floating away, very vividly, to this day.

Other than that, house I grew up in is deemed to be "haunted." Old estate my parents purchased. Circa late 1800's, early 1900's. Type of place where you were born, you lived, and you died. My father when digging the swimming pool found a gravestone. Freaked him and all of us out. To avoid any "bad juju" he left it right where he found it. Still there to this day. Kicker of it is: Was a child, based on what can be made out from the stone. When I met my wife, her mother is very "spiritual." She was over for a holiday and my parents gave her a tour of the house. We walked into a room. My wife, mother, and I were last to exit. Her mother goes to my wife, in Spanish "There is a ghost who lives here." This was without anyone telling her about the "haunting." Just as she said it I felt a brush up the back of my neck and an electrical sensation throughout my body.

Funny because I really don't believe in this stuff for the most part. Hopefully it was entertaining for everyone...at least.

Anybody else?
Yes. I had an outer body experience with an entity that kept on repeating that all Democrats are cheaters and thieves. But no one believes me .

Yes. I had an outer body experience with an entity that kept on repeating that all Democrats are cheaters and thieves. But no one believes me .

Now only if the rest of the American public had the same revelation. We all might be in better shape!

Cynical me:

Those that have seen paranormal things and UFOs generally are just terrible at identifying things.

The data recently on the UAPs does put a slight wrinkle into things and leaves me hoping they are aliens rather than a foreign power that has figured out a technology vastly superior to ours. That being said, if it was a foreign power, why would they be so stupid as to use them on our land, risking us shooting one down and reverse engineering their coolest stuff? Don't know.

For a guy who doesn't really buy into this stuff I have two stories:

First was a near death experience. I only talk about it briefly here and there. Was involved in a pretty gnarly motorcycle crash at the age of 18. Woman blew a red light in a full size Cadillac and basically cut my CBR600 in half right in front of my left leg going 50mph. Last thing I remember was seeing headlights about 3' left of me and then a massive impact, then everything went black. When I saw the headlights my first thought was "Well that's it. Guess this is how I die." Everything was black. I could hear people screaming "He's dead, oh my God!" "Someone call 911!" The women on the scene were screaming and crying, boyfriends/husbands telling them not to look. I could see my body lying face down on the pavement. There were no sensations in my body. Peaceful paralysis is the best description I can give. At that point my "soul", or whatever you want to call it, was just drifting off, above my body. I remember thinking "Will I go to heaven? Is this it?" I was watching just a black canvas with my body lying flat on the pavement, face down, from above. I kept drifting away from it, upwards. I had a deep sadness in me. There was no pain, though. I missed my family, my friends, and I was sad I let them down. Then I began to let go, realizing this was it.

All of a sudden, I stopped floating as if a hand stopped me from above. In an instant the screams and people franticly crying got louder and louder. My "soul" just sort of got sucked back into my body. The instant the two connected, I opened my eyes. I was face down. There was broken glass in my visor. It's amazing the things you vividly remember. I remember looking down and the gum I was chewing was stuck in the visor. Might as well continue with the story... From there I just stood up. Right there was a man with very dark skin. He looked like he saw a ghost. He asked me "Are you OK man?" I said: "Yeah...ummm...I think so." I looked at myself. Arms, check. Legs, check, Man parts, check. I'm standing so...heck...looks like I did OK? I went and sat down on the curb. A police officer came over and checked on me. He told me to stay put. I didn't listen. I went to push myself up off the curb and my collar bone on the left side went "POP!" and basically hit me in the lower left side of my neck. Police officer almost lost his lunch and said "DO NOT MOVE! SIT DOWN AND STAY!" I listened to him that time...

3 broken ribs, shattered collar bone, 12 surgical anchors in my left shoulder after 2 surgeries and I'm in fighting shape to this day. Wrecker who came to get the bike thought I died. Or at least that's what he said the next day when I picked the bike up. They put it into the bed of my father's truck in pieces. Motor was 100' down the road along with the forks and front wheel. Tail end of the bike and swingarm were in the right rear passenger window of the Cadillac. Best guess was she hit me and the back half of the bike whipped around through the passenger window. I must have gone over the bars, into the windshield with my left shoulder, and then over the roof.

I don't really have any PTSD from it. I guess I was too young and stupid to understand the gravity of the situation. I don't know where my "soul" was going. Adrenaline? Shock? Who knows? Maybe I was going to heaven? Maybe not? FYI I rode for another 10 years after before giving it up. I still can remember that peaceful sensation of floating away, very vividly, to this day.

Other than that, house I grew up in is deemed to be "haunted." Old estate my parents purchased. Circa late 1800's, early 1900's. Type of place where you were born, you lived, and you died. My father when digging the swimming pool found a gravestone. Freaked him and all of us out. To avoid any "bad juju" he left it right where he found it. Still there to this day. Kicker of it is: Was a child, based on what can be made out from the stone. When I met my wife, her mother is very "spiritual." She was over for a holiday and my parents gave her a tour of the house. We walked into a room. My wife, mother, and I were last to exit. Her mother goes to my wife, in Spanish "There is a ghost who lives here." This was without anyone telling her about the "haunting." Just as she said it I felt a brush up the back of my neck and an electrical sensation throughout my body.

Funny because I really don't believe in this stuff for the most part. Hopefully it was entertaining for everyone...at least.

a friend of my dads near death experience mirrors this. He said he watched the surgeons work on him while he was “dead” and later recognized nurses who worked on him but were not in the room when he awoke.

he said the sense of peace he felt before he came back almost wanted to make him die for real because it was a level of peace he never thought was attainable.

Psychic was in a auditorium with about 100 people. He asked if anyone had experience with ghost. About 75 hands went up.
He asked if anyone had ever talked to ghost. About 25 hands went up.
He asked if anyone had ever had sex with a ghost. One hand goes up at the back of the room. He ask the gentleman to come up front. When he arrives and asks him about his experience of having sex with a ghost, the young man says ghost, from way back there I thought you said goat

Cynical me:

Those that have seen paranormal things and UFOs generally are just terrible at identifying things.

The data recently on the UAPs does put a slight wrinkle into things and leaves me hoping they are aliens rather than a foreign power that has figured out a technology vastly superior to ours. That being said, if it was a foreign power, why would they be so stupid as to use them on our land, risking us shooting one down and reverse engineering their coolest stuff? Don't know.
I used to feel the same way about people that saw paranormal things until I was involved in a couple of incidents involving things that cannot be explained by any logical means. Things that were experienced by multiple trained observers, and even caught on video. I'm still not 100% convinced that paranormal events are real, and some of them clearly aren't, but I can no longer mark every incident off as the irrational ramblings of delusional minds.

a friend of my dads near death experience mirrors this. He said he watched the surgeons work on him while he was “dead” and later recognized nurses who worked on him but were not in the room when he awoke.

he said the sense of peace he felt before he came back almost wanted to make him die for real because it was a level of peace he never thought was attainable.

I was concussed although it was never confirmed. I had to be. I basically took a 4000 lb car going 50 mph to the head. I was wearing my helmet which here is a constant, because it's the law. If not, which wouldn't have been the case anyway, it would have likely been instant lights out for good. The kicker is, I don't really know how physiologically close I was to death. The hospital they took me to did a terrible job. No head scan, no chest scan/xray. Just a simple xray of my collar bone and off I went. Wasn't till I got home that night did I realize my ribs were broken. The shoulder manifested itself a month later by just falling from the socket. There was so much trauma to the left side of my body from broken bones I don't think I realized the shoulder until the swelling went down. Did my heart stop? Was the there a temporarily broken connection from my brain to the heart and lungs from the impact? I talked to a doctor buddy about it and they didn't really know. The only explanation is maybe the impact just stopped everything, all connections from brain to everything. I guess it is physiologically possible. Wasn't like I had an arterial or internal bleed or anything like that.

The feeling was amazing and sad at the same time. The initial sadness was deep and real. It was as if you knew that every one of your family, friends, and those you loved was moving away for good. I should have spent more time with mom and dad and been kinder to them. I should have looked after my little brother better. Now those chances were gone. Then came the acceptance that this was it, you're dead, and there's nothing you can do about it. You forget the bills, college classes (I was young at the time), relationship problems, quarrels with family/friends, and anything else that burdened you. None of it matters anymore. The peace that settled in was overwhelm. It was as if you just realized "Nothing matters anymore." And then you let go.

Just as I let go, whoever or whatever must have said: "Good. Now you can go back."

I was one of the lucky ones.

I think this story gives me pause at times and is helpful to re-tell it. We all are guilty of getting wrapped up in life and it's problem. The reality is if you can see another sunset and another sunrise, you're doing OK. Things will be OK. There will come a time where all those things you worry/worried about are going to just get left behind as you drift away. So don't sweat them now because none of that matters in the end.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross