Any Update On AES System For Export Of Firearms?

Custom

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zimbabwe
I am planning a safari for May of this year (postponed from last May). Whether that actually happens is a separate question, but in preparing for the trip I am wondering whether the AES export system discussed here

https://www.africahunting.com/threa...orm-4457-for-temporary-firearms-export.53978/

just died, or whether it is still around. The link to the ICE site in that article is still active that says you need to use it. Anyone with recent experience?

If memory serves me correctly the Regulation or whatever it was went away March of last year. I would still keep an open eye to this though. New Administration in the White house, he has a pen and I believe he is trying to run it out of ink

I am planning a safari for May of this year (postponed from last May). Whether that actually happens is a separate question, but in preparing for the trip I am wondering whether the AES export system discussed here

https://www.africahunting.com/threa...orm-4457-for-temporary-firearms-export.53978/

just died, or whether it is still around. The link to the ICE site in that article is still active that says you need to use it. Anyone with recent experience?
It doesn’t exist. That is not to say you won’t come across a Customs agent, like I did, who thinks it exists. Get your 4457, consult with your travel agent (if you didn’t use a travel agent you may miss out on last minute regs etc), and as always when traveling be prepared to be syrupy sweet to the fool standing in front of you!

My experience was at DFW. So on the way out (Mongolia see trip report) was when the customs agent politely met me at the gate in DFW, asked for my 4457, and said he would enter my rifle into the AES. On the way back of course no one at Customs said or knew anything about it. I must say the agents at DFW were absolutely the nicest I have ever encountered in all of my international travels. Am I surprised? Of course not it’s Texas!
Regards,
Philip

PS Some day screws will be turned on us international hunters and those of you who don’t use a travel agent will be on here telling your horror story. Just my opinion based on years of experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross