Any Snow Geese Hunters?

In central illinois we normally have thousands in the Spring...few hunters for them and referred to as sky carp...no one, I mean no one I know eats them. Quite a sight to see thousands in a harvested corn field in early spring...a sea of white covering many acres. Always attracts a lot of curious drive by onlookers. We also have great numbers of Canadians hanging around all winter then nesting in spring. Currently have over thirty with five different pairs and 3 to 7 young ones to each pair in my backyard coming off our 5 acre backyard pond. Quite a sight but droppings everywhere.

I know plenty of hunters that would gladly help you with that problem!

Thanks for the offer..a few years ago a gentleman tried to run over a pair of geese with goslings among a larger group of geese which were being fed by a neighbor adjacent to a city lake due to the fact that the geese were encroaching into his yard and making a mess....well the the Feds took his truck..tried to take his home..tied him up up in court... broke him in legal fees.. stressed him so much..he had a stroke..went into assisted living...died. Over $500,000 in fees and he lost the case. All in Central illinois. Canada geese..no likes the snows.

Thanks for the offer..a few years ago a gentleman tried to run over a pair of geese with goslings among a larger group of geese which were being fed by a neighbor adjacent to a city lake due to the fact that the geese were encroaching into his yard and making a mess....well the the Feds took his truck..tried to take his home..tied him up up in court... broke him in legal fees.. stressed him so much..he had a stroke..went into assisted living...died. Over $500,000 in fees and he lost the case. All in Central illinois. Canada geese..no likes the snows.

No.... my guys are goose hunters. They want to follow the migration, and take out the snows. Very respectful of the Canada’s & Specks! We know what to avoid.

I never understood people that dont like geese as table fare, especially snows and especially if they shoot them. Canadas need a little more help in the cooking department but I think snows are much closer to a duck than a Canada. Can prepare them many ways that are great, summer sausage is definitely one of them.

3043B460-DA92-492F-B3C0-CA1333CA3782.jpeg

a blue and a Ross ready to be picked up

Good looking pair! who did the work, it looks great! Have you ever seen a blue phase Ross’s goose?

I never understood people that dont like geese as table fare, especially snows and especially if they shoot them. Canadas need a little more help in the cooking department but I think snows are much closer to a duck than a Canada. Can prepare them many ways that are great, summer sausage is definitely one of them.
holy cow dude. i've never had snow goose taste like anything other than moose shit pie. and I'm quite skilled in the kitchen.

I did the work for an avid waterfowler from Colorado. I have mounted one blue phase Ross in my years. I did kill a Ross’s x snow in Arkansas years ago but that mount has long since gone looking for dodo birds. . .
One word for you sgt zim=Jerky!

They truly do look great! A buddy and I both shot blue Ross in Texas many years ago and drew straws for the adult he won and his taxidermist stole his bird, my juvenile looks ok and was not mounted very well. Now it is a good conversation piece among my other 70 or so waterfowl mounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!