Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Zimbabwe, RSA, Namibia, Cameroon, Mozambique, Canada, USA
Hello all,

I am currently using a broker for a shipment that originated in Cameroon and is now in Paris. I understand I have to pay the additional vet fees and inspection fees due to it being a stop in the shipping process, but the freight quote I received from the agent in Paris is absolutely crazy. I know I have to trust in them that they have sourced the most economical route but, WOW, I am simply blown away when comparing shipping costs from other countries I have cargo coming from. According to them, American Airlines is the only airline out of France that will handle hunting trophies at this time. I am quoted $2,999.97 from Paris to Chicago. This is just the freight. With all other taxes, handling fees, customs and storage my broker has quoted $6100 for a 180 pound 4' x 25"' x 16" box.

Has anybody run into these exorbitant costs and found an alternative shipper or shipping source back to the states? When it's all said and done, I will have nearly $10,000 in shipping costs (for four animals, skulls and capes) back to the states and to me, seems quite ridiculous.

Last edited:
Contact a US shipping broker for help. I have used Coppersmith with great service, but there are other top brokers available also, one of them is a sponsor on this site.

Reactions: WAB
I have a shipment coming now from Cameroon like yourself. The French company was Comores Safari Services and was for $2900 Euros. I am using Trophy Shippers to clear my shipments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross