Any recommendations for ocellated turkey outfitters?

kevin masters

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
us mexico alaska south africa
I am thinking about completing my world slam and would really appreciate any first hand knowledge
that members may have. Thank you in advance!

A25332A3-2F9D-4A85-B323-A566AAF5D6EF.jpeg

Yukkutz Hunting. Campeche, Mexico. Probably booked about 3 years out.
42981D1D-D4FF-48B1-B989-42C48E8D0C88.jpeg

I can only tell you one not to use. Unless significant changes have been made I’d stay away from Snook Inn Lodge.

I can only tell you one not to use. Unless significant changes have been made I’d stay away from Snook Inn Lodge.

Is that who is partnered with Tall Tines? When did you hunt with them?

Is that who is partnered with Tall Tines? When did you hunt with them?
It’s been a decade or more.

I have recorded several World Slams, Royal Slams and Grand Slams at this point.

I really only ask two things when on outfitted hunts. A legitimate opportunity at game and transparency in terms of pricing.

Issue with Snook Inn Lodge is the latter. Indeed, everyone got their trophy during the course of the hunt.

My issue is with the owner Jorge Sansours. It is already a costly hunt; but, I was really miffed with how they handled the end of the hunt.

As the hunt completed, all of the hunters were presented with an invoice of sorts. This invoice included what I would describe as mandatory fees for staff members which may have may not of been present during the course of the hunt. The guy who swept the porch? He needs to be paid. The lady who jumped out of the truck to open the gate? Her too. Don’t forget the young boy playing soccer in the alleyway. Entertainment isn’t cheap.

None of which were disclosed up front.

Certainly not what one would consider the usual and customary for a hunt. The cook was going to town one day to gather groceries. Jorge asked if anyone needed beer. Several said beer would be good. One asked for ice cream as it was hot as hell. I’m happy to pay for the beer; but, between us he fleeced $200 in fees for the cook to drive 15 minutes into town. We also paid a premium for the beers.

No hyperbole, I was literally afraid to take a shit because I thought he would charge me extra for the toilet paper. LOL..

Moreover, I think they made very clear that your trophies may or may not return to the United States if said fees are not paid. In addition; these fees were over and in addition to the usual tips. The fees alone amounted to 15+% on top of the quoted trip cost. Again; before tipping my guide, etc.

Frankly, given the piss poor accommodations (No running water or electricity) and the inflated cost of the hunt I would’ve gone just about anywhere else. There’s too many good outfits out there to bother dealing with such nonsense.

All five hunters in camp left deeply angered and for a moment I thought one of the hunters from Kentucky was going to come to blows with Jorge.

Last edited:
@wiltznucs thanks for the details. I might PM you, I have my Royal Slam but got busy hunting Africa and haven't been chasing turkeys in the US as much.

It’s been a decade or more.

I have recorded several World Slams, Royal Slams and Grand Slams at this point.

I really only ask two things when on outfitted hunts. A legitimate opportunity at game and transparency in terms of pricing.

Issue with Snook Inn Lodge is the latter. Indeed, everyone got their trophy during the course of the hunt.

My issue is with the owner Jorge Sansours. It is already a costly hunt; but, I was really miffed with how they handled the end of the hunt.

As the hunt completed, all of the hunters were presented with an invoice of sorts. This invoice included what I would describe as mandatory fees for staff members which may have may not of been present during the course of the hunt. The guy who swept the porch? He needs to be paid. The lady who jumped out of the truck to open the gate? Her too. Don’t forget the young boy playing soccer in the alleyway. Entertainment isn’t cheap.

None of which were disclosed up front.

Certainly not what one would consider the usual and customary for a hunt. The cook was going to town one day to gather groceries. Jorge asked if anyone needed beer. Several said beer would be good. One asked for ice cream as it was hot as hell. I’m happy to pay for the beer; but, between us he fleeced $200 in fees for the cook to drive 15 minutes into town. We also paid a premium for the beers.

No hyperbole, I was literally afraid to take a shit because I thought he would charge me extra for the toilet paper. LOL..

Moreover, I think they made very clear that your trophies may or may not return to the United States if said fees are not paid. In addition; these fees were over and in addition to the usual tips. The fees alone amounted to 15+% on top of the quoted trip cost. Again; before tipping my guide, etc.

Frankly, given the piss poor accommodations (No running water or electricity) and the inflated cost of the hunt I would’ve gone just about anywhere else. There’s too many good outfits out there to bother dealing with such nonsense.

All five hunters in camp left deeply angered and for a moment I thought one of the hunters from Kentucky was going to come to blows with Jorge.
thank you for the heads up they were on my list

thank you for the heads up they were on my list

Again, things may have changed. In fact, I’d bet it has otherwise they wouldn’t be in business any more. 10 years is a long time so my experience may be obsolete. Get some more up to date references before regarding my experience as gospel.

I will also tell you that you are not obligated to shoot one off the roost. Dr. Lovett Williams published several audio files of the male song which in combination with your smart phone and a portable speaker can be used to antagonize the dominant male from the flock into coming to you looking for a fight.

Taking one off of the limb is a very unique experience; however, having one come in is awfully exciting too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you