Any progress in opening up Namibia to Handgun Hunting

Hunter4752001

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Around 10 years ago a delegation of US handgun hunters put together a presentation and liaised with NAPHA in an effort to get handgun hunting approved in Namibia. The last thing I heard was that initial approaches to Government were favourable and that there was a projected date of 2013. Obviously that hasn't happened.
Do any of our Namibian PH members know if there are still negotiations going on with Government? When all the corona virus stuff is behind us I'd like to revisit Africa. While I'd really like to visit Namibia, being primarily a handgunner my choice of location will be dependent on those countries that allow handgun hunting.

I was really hoping some of our Namibian PHs could have provided some insight on this.

I was really hoping some of our Namibian PHs could have provided some insight on this.
If you can get it through customs I'm sure tons a ph would let u use it. Its All about the action right? Go man

Thanks for your input, I'm sure it was well intended. However there's no way I intend smuggling a firearm through Customs. Irrespective of what we think of particular laws, IHMO we have a duty to respect the host country and the laws they have in place. Secondly, there is no way I would want to endanger the livelihood of any PH by asking them to look the other way. To do anything else is to join the ranks of the poachers.

The point of my post was to see if there was any progress, or likelihood of progress, in getting handgun hunting legally approved for visiting hunters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross