Any hunt, anywhere $30K budget

For me at this point having taken quite a bit of NA game and now adding African game I would most certainly have to say an Elephant hunt. Your question will have numerous answers depending on what the hunter has taken already and what his dream hunt would be. Now if I had an unlimited budget it would have to be LDE, bongo, and savannah buff.

Bull Elephant in the best area $30k could buy me.

Now if I hadn't hunted buffalo or elephant I'd do the buff/tuskless combo that has been discussed.

It's apparent that I'm not the only one that spends too much time dreaming about my next great adventure. When I first posted this I wanted it to be a blank canvas but let's narrow it down just a bit.

Things that would be important to me:
  • As mentioned by a couple of people it must be remote and off the grid. No worries if there is an occasional cell signal or a satellite in camp.
  • As much as I enjoy the social aspect of hunting and having friends and family along, I would do this one by myself. Just me, the PH or guide, the trackers or wranglers, and the wilderness.
  • The trip must include a cultural experience of some sort. This could be as simple as sharing a meal with the locals or a visit to a remote town or village.
  • Some element of danger would be nice but not absolutely critical. This could be either from the animal itself or even the terrain. The remote aspect could be enough.......
I'm diggin' the suggestions so far although I think a few may blow the budget just a tad. Keep sharing guys.

BD

Ibex in Mongolia, for about half that budget. But then you might as well get a second one while you're there!

I have thought a bit about something in this range. There are so many alternatives that can be considered. I'll list a few that have my attention.
1) Uganda for 9-12 days including buffalo and probably Sitatunga. Very different and something that most have not done.
2) Ethopia for Mtn Nyala and Lessor Kudu. Not sure you wouldn't need a little more $$ for that....
3) Some sort of a combo in Zambia to include buffalo and Sitatunga. Perhaps a Lechwe could be added in. Or a leopard under the right pricing.
4) Bongo. Need I say more?
5) The is a LDE hunt advertised on the other network that fits this budget.
6) Tuskless/buffalo combo would be a lot of fun.
N. America provides some quality hunts that could be a lot of fun.
7) Dall sheep/Mtn Goat combo. Could be exciting.
8) Alaska Yukon Moose with a Mtn Caribou. Big horns and remote.....
9) If your thinking of a slam then this will get you a Stone sheep.
10) Alaskan grizzly with either moose or Caribou.
There you have some of my top picks. If you decide on Africa and want a variety of experiences then go spend a week in Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe for an assortment of plains game and maybe a buffalo thrown in for good measure. That would give you time to enjoy Africa and just soak up the experience.
Bruce

Bull Elephant in the best area $30k could buy me.

A BIG +1 on this.

Also, LDE or Bongo would be high on the list as well.

I have thought a bit about something in this range. There are so many alternatives that can be considered. I'll list a few that have my attention.
1) Uganda for 9-12 days including buffalo and probably Sitatunga. Very different and something that most have not done.
2) Ethopia for Mtn Nyala and Lessor Kudu. Not sure you wouldn't need a little more $$ for that....
3) Some sort of a combo in Zambia to include buffalo and Sitatunga. Perhaps a Lechwe could be added in. Or a leopard under the right pricing.
4) Bongo. Need I say more?
5) The is a LDE hunt advertised on the other network that fits this budget.
6) Tuskless/buffalo combo would be a lot of fun.
N. America provides some quality hunts that could be a lot of fun.
7) Dall sheep/Mtn Goat combo. Could be exciting.
8) Alaska Yukon Moose with a Mtn Caribou. Big horns and remote.....
9) If your thinking of a slam then this will get you a Stone sheep.
10) Alaskan grizzly with either moose or Caribou.
There you have some of my top picks. If you decide on Africa and want a variety of experiences then go spend a week in Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe for an assortment of plains game and maybe a buffalo thrown in for good measure. That would give you time to enjoy Africa and just soak up the experience.
Bruce

I like the way you think Bruce!

You're asked the $30k question and give a $300k answer! :D

I would say Marco Polo Ram.
You look young enough to handle how hard of a hunt it would be.
Sorry that’s $40K and Lord Derby Eland is $50. Got to stay in budget!

Reactions: BWH
Probably leopard would be the best bet for your $30K. You get to shoot lots of animals for bait and hope to make a couple of them trophy’s.

MP in Kyrg are usually $16-$28K. Tajikistan is a whole different ballgame. Seem to start around $35K or so on up to $45K or so. MP are generally bigger in Tajik and success rates higher. At least that has been my experience. Very generalized of course.
Right now there is a LDE hunt offered w/ a company that claims to be 100% in recent yrs. Daily and trophy fees for a LDE is $24,500. Leaves you room for another animal or two plus tips and still stay at $30K. This is a current offering over on the other network. The bad part of this is I'm essentially in this position. So I am trying to decide what I want to do most. Really hard to decide...... Been waiting to see how well my knees heal before I commit to anything.
Bruce

3) Some sort of a combo in Zambia to include buffalo and Sitatunga. Perhaps a Lechwe could be added in.
Always knew you had proper taste... :ROFLMAO:
Buff in luangwa then up to Tondwa for Sitatunga and Bangweulu for Black Lechwe.... Not sure if that fits into the $30k limit thought.
If there is an extra $15k hanging about, add in a Roan, Sable and Eland in Tondwa! ;):D

Sorry I was talking Tajikistan Marco Polo at $40K. Kyrgyzstan is really a different Sheep but a great hunt no doubt. Combine Ibex and MP in Kyrgyzstan and you have a great adventure hunt at around $30K!
Also I’d like to mention that a bargain hunt for some of these animals could be bad news with an unknown outfitter. So the prices I was mentioning was all in with a reputable agent/outfitter. I have a friend going for LDE in Cameroon next year and he is paying a few green berets to accompany him for safety. I wouldn’t book a bargain LDE hunt with Boko Haram terrorizing some areas over there.
Regards,
Philip

Ugh.... tough one. In no particular order.

1) Month in Africa for Buff & Leopard
2) Alps for Ibex
3) Desert Sheep or Bighorn... over $30k

Hunting for anything anywhere in the world with my father. Dad and I need to do a few more hunts together before his health fails or the good Lord calls him home.

My leopard/buffalo hunt in Zim last May exceeded that a little, not by much. That was the most fantastic trip I have had to date. Next, I am thinking about a non-trophy elephant or tuskless and buffalo, probably in Zim again (unless things really go in the tank there). I believe I can keep that under that mark.

Agree if you can take advantage of last minute deals, a lot more does open up. My schedule doesn't permit that, unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross