Any hunt, anywhere $30K budget

GA Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I’ve been thinking about putting this out there for a while. If you could go on one trip anywhere to hunt anything with a $30K budget, what and where would it be?

I’m looking for an epic experience. Sure the trophy matters but the experience is much more important to me.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

BD

I like where this is going.

I would be in Europe: Red, Ibex, Chamois, Roe, Moose, Bear, and the list goes on. Great food, wine, booze and accommodations.

If you could get one of these TZ deals on buff and Leopard, that's a winner. I would also say if a Derby Eland could be had for 30K that's a winner also. Both are dream safari locations for many, myself included.
I would also say a moose/grizz combo in Yukon or BC.....

Sorry couldn't pick just one :D

Old school track 'em down Buffalo hunt in the old Lemco (now BVC) with a legend in the business, John Sharp.

Throw in an Eland and a Hyena to boot - as long as you are all the way over there.

I would say Marco Polo Ram.
You look young enough to handle how hard of a hunt it would be.

Bongo in the Central African Republic! Of course this wouldn't be after a vaccine for Ebola was proven!
Or somewhere in remote Alaska for a real big Brown Bear!
Then again another elephant hunt!

Would be a marco polo in one of the "stans". Of course the budget would have to include at least 6 months of powerful mood altering drugs for my bride to allow me to go.

1. Go for at least one month or more long safari, old fashion style with Natasha Illumberg: https://www.facebook.com/Natasha-Illum-Berg-official-173433116073871/

2. Hunt in the rain forest: forest buffalo, forest ele, sitatunga, bongo

3. Bear and moose hunt Siberia

4. Alaska: Bear, moose.

5. New Zealand: Thar - self guided hunt in the mountains

In order to have epic experience, you must aim for two basic things:

1. absolute isolation from civilizations, no wi-fi, no roaming, no roads, etc... as far away as possible in the middle of nowhere

2. It must be long safari and time consuming. You can not go for usual one week safari.

O, man, I wish could plan something like this with budget 30k...

1. Go for at least one month or more long safari, old fashion style with Natasha Illumberg: https://www.facebook.com/Natasha-Illum-Berg-official-173433116073871/

1. absolute isolation from civilizations, no wi-fi, no roaming, no roads, etc... as far away as possible in the middle of nowhere

2. It must be long safari and time consuming. You can not go for usual one week safari.

Man I would love #2!

A month long tahr hunt in NZ mountains wouldn't come close to $30K. Even if you did a couple of chopper trips you would have change out of NZ$5K

Bongo in the Congo :)

Good ideas, but I don't believe $30,000 is nearly enough to hunt with Natasha from what I have read in the past......but good luck anyway!

Leopard Buff in Tanz or Zambia

Desert Sheep in Mexico

Rocky Mountain Sheep in BC

Or as mentioned above Tuskless/Buff in Zim till the money ran out.

Reactions: BWH
I'm a pretty simple man. $30K would let me take my wife and both my daughters on a great 21-day safari and tours in South Africa with plenty of trophies for all of us, punctuated by a cape buffalo for myself.

Old style cape buffalo. Second option for me would be sheep; Dall or Marco Polo, the latter sliding right under the $30k mark.

Tent camp the Caprivi Strip with what ever Africa offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois