Any Experts that can assist with information on vintage Mauser?

Value?

Yes, because it is might be an original Mauser Sporting rifle, it would have some value.

If you decide to sell it you could try it between $3000-1500 and it's up to you what you take for it. If it is ot100% correct, or the mechanical condition or wear is questionable the price will be much lower.

I don't think the condition (from the photos) will rate that higher dollar figure.

You'd want to verify that the serial number fits within the time frame of Original Mauser sporters, through the Blue Book guns website.

So things that happen in the gunsmithing world that might lead your rifle not to be 100% correct.

1. Barreled action in a different stock.

2. Stock heavily modified.

3. Original scope mounts put on a different gun.

Research might yeild more money. Might give you a lot less.
Thanks for that!

Straight Shooter, your rifle compares very favorably to the 30-06, so don't sell it short from a power standpoint. I'd put a Lynx or equal scope on it and hunt to my heart's content.

Very interesting. My family is originally from Swakopmund so I wonder is there two rifles had come here together? Could you maybe tell me which gun shop it was?

The grounding down of the stock is from abrasion. The bottom of the stock was placed on the foot side of the passenger seat of my uncles truck. Hence it rubbed down over the years. The wild old days I guess lol
It’s the one next to the bicycle shop diagonally across from the dome. Think it’s called Namibia guns?

Hello StraightShooter,

It is an Original Sporting Mauser for sure but, as your gunsmith told, the barrel seems to have been changed.
Because the stock, also original, the rifle has been an Afrikan Model, with that long forearm and, originally, with a 74 cm barrel lenght
The scope, a Zeiss Zielvier 4x, I am pretty sure has been mounted at the Mauser factory. This because the scope mount, only used by the factory, and the way the front base has been installed, with a VERY shallow cuted dovetail (as should be!!) in the front ring.
The rifle was made, probably, around the 20s...

Nice rifle!

CF
Hi Clodo
I have found the original Zeiss Zielvier scope that was mounted on a 300H&H jeffery #28330, scope serial #34452. Would you know of any info on a date or who could have mounted?

20230723_112329.jpg
20230723_112510.jpg
20230723_092320.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With that much family history, and character. The real value can’t be guessed.
It would be nice to find a period correct scope. Or find out how much Zeiss would clean and re seal it for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross