Macs B

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Back in the days before electricity I was a soldier, and the .338 Lapua was making a name for itself as a fantastic precision long range round.

I've owned a couple of heavy rifles (precision rifles not heavy hunting rifles) in the .338 Lapua caliber and am amazed at the ballistics and down range effects. Has anyone picked up on this caliber for a great plains game and/or general purpose African rifle? I know that it won’t make the .375 dangerous game cut off but the ballistics of this round rival the 375 HH in most cases. Just curious if anyone has used one or guided a hunter who did. What was the effect on those tough African beasties?

WH Macs

Truvelo 338 Lapua

Hunting greetings.

I am a 'green' subscriber here - please accept my apologies if i do not post this in a normal (?) manner. Will get better.
I am in the infant stages now of trying to get one of these missile launchers on my name.
I have found out from Truvelo in RSA that the Truvelo 338 800 Lapua SR may be sold to the gen public.
I also have found a dealer in Windhoek (NA) that will assist me with the importation of this 'canon' into Namibia.

If anyone of you can assist me with information, where i can find a picture where the 338 and other cartridges (270/30-06/375, etc.) are on the same picture and actually compared to each other in size, i will be ever so grateful.

Kind Regards

fhm3006 :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross