Any experience with LehighDefense solid?

wildwilderness

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia, South Africa, Greenland, Cameroon, Zimbabwe, Argentina
I am looking for available solids for my .375 Ruger and these are the best price and available.

Does anyone have experience with them? I know 270gr is on the lighter size for 375 cal. This load would be for brain shots on Ele…. And possibly backing shots on buff in Zim.

I have access to softs in this similar weight range as well, so could make for a same POI soft/solid combo?

C8EFD5F3-8E0E-4C95-B298-096D03DDDE37.jpeg

70% Mepat (small, blunt tip of the bullet) is what is deemed best for straight line penetration.
These look like much less than 70%. I think the actual mepat area should be 68 or 69%, I can't remember but 70% is easy to remember...

This is the Cutting Edge Bullet Safari Solid in .375". Yes, these are on backorder.
Aerodynamic it is clearly not. But then, one doesn't shoot solids at targets 200 meters away...

In my .458 the CEB solids and Raptor soft points strike with a couple inches of each other at 100 meters.

Safari Solid CEB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed on the CEB raptor and solid in 375 are also less than 300 gr. I know mono’s tend to be long for weight.

but realistically would this Lehigh solid be adequate for Ele brain shot?

@Mark A Ouellette couldn't have said it better. You need a monolithic solid with a flatter meplat in 300Gr weight.

I like:
- 300Gr Rhino monolithic solids
- 300 Gr Northfork Flat Point Solids
- 300Gr Cutting Edge Bullets monolithic solids (but I'll admit that I'm yet to personally use CEB till now, even though the bullet shape and structure is most aggreable with my philosophies)

I've also taken an elephant bull with a side brain shot by using 300Gr Norma factory loaded monolithic solid. Penetration leaves nothing to be desired. I wonder who makes the monolithic solids for Norma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,