Anti-Poachers United

robertq

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Life member of DSC, SCI, NRA, Rocky Mt Elk Foundation, American Hunter, Buck Masters & Ruffed Grouse Society
Hunted
Russia, Argentina, Canada & South Africa
Efforts and money currently in place for anti-poaching is falling short throughout Africa. The EU and the USA is reacting by banning the importation of certain species without taking into consideration the negative affects on conversation. Botswana is already showing the negative affect of having banned hunting rendering the market open as a 'field day' for poachers.

My thought, as extreme as it might sound, is to get the governments to unite through the United Nations and send military troops to help police all anti-poaching activities.

Are there any legal people on this forum to help get this off the ground? Everyone's thoughts are appreciated with any ideas.

Robert Quartarone

Not sure I would trust any of the governments to handle this let alone the united nations. To easy for anti hunting groups to get inside and make the problem just as bad for us hunters . I would rather push for more help to the outfitters that handle some of the areas. I think the outfitters would have better ideas on who to use and who not to use.

Get idea !!!!!!
Let's hear from the outfitters on the forum.......

The Kruger national park and some other places already have the military helping with the anti-poaching, I am positive it has had a effect on the combating of poaching, but I personally don't think it is enough, over 1200 rhino killed in SA for 2014. SA blames the poaching on Mozambique, but I saw the figures last month, poachers caught 22% Moz and 78% South African.

Robert, my area in Northern Moz, 690 000 acres is a lot of ground to cover, I get ZERO funding from anyone or organisation. US F&W banning the imports of ivory from Mozambique is hurting us more than helping. We only hunt 3 elephant a year with clients, that is my govt quota, the highest any operator gets in Mozambique. I battle to fund the whole operation because only really been able to market to Europe, which has caused a drop in prices, might not sound like a lot of money, but because of this we lose about 45k$. That money could be used to help with better anti-poaching.

Time is a major factor, areas north of me and along the Tanzania border have had their elephants wiped out, the last 2 years I have seen a increase in our elephant populations, this is from elephants fleeing down to my area, we are a bit of a "safe haven" from poachers. BUT!!!! It is not going to be long before the poachers realize this and they are going to invade my area and begin to wipe out my elephant.

I need help and need it quickly.............US F&W, YOU ARE INDIRECTLY KILLING MY ELEPHANTS!!!

Robert, your message of getting organized, getting involved and making a difference is an important one. Hunter-Conservationists could be a much more powerful, effective force against poaching if properly organized. An organization made up of sportsmen and women whose sole purpose is to combat poaching and illegal trafficking in wildlife could probably accomplish amazing things with the right charter and leadership.
I believe such an organization could partner with businesses in the shooting sports, sporting goods and many other sectors to raise awareness, funds and much needed equipment to fight poaching. Not only that, combat the lies and propaganda spread by groups like PETA and HSUS, educating hunters and non-hunters alike about the effects of poaching and what hunters are doing to win the fight against poaching and illegal trafficking of wildlife.
There are a number of organizations, such as SCI, who are contributing in the fight against poaching. It just seems that a mission specific organization who would engage in fund raising, lobbying and direct action efforts against poaching could make an incredible difference while also being an advocate for legal hunting.
It seems this needs to be a multi-pronged approach that would include fund raising, advocacy, lobbying, education and probably many other aspects.
LOVE to hear from the Outfitters on this topic.

The poaching problem goes deeper and further than we think....
We all rely on SCI,DSC, NRA and others to solve all the problems because we pay a membership fee...
We as hunters are sitting back and letting the ANT-liberals put a ban on hunting which is is gun control in disguise.
If there is no hunting "then what do you need guns for?"
EVERYONE in the hunting industry and sportsmen on the planet need to unite as of yesterday.....
This must go further than this forum.....
Let's brain storm to make get a realistic plan together and get the word out.......
The monies donated and current efforts are only a band aid....we need to stop the bleeding big time....

I think the big message that need to get out to people is this. Hunters money goes to help the animals and the land they live on. You donate to that kind of cause your helping animals. The anti's money goes to stop hunters not help the animals at all. We as hunters do more for the animals then any anti hunting group I know of. The animals are around for people to take pictures of because of hunters.

It will take people like outfitters who have more facts to back that up then sci or all the others. The big hunting groups need to use your outfitters to drive this point home. To many of these guys at sci and the other groups can not prove that point because they have hunted Africa. They don't live there and deal with the problem each day. To many sci guys are in it for themselves and have not as much to gain fighting the cause as some outfitter who make a living on the wildlife they want to protect from poaching.

We know a few facts that need to be pushed to people. facts like animals that have a value will have a better chance to survive then those that don't. Fact hunters dollars go to improve land that animals live on. fact hunter will take far less animal then poacher kill each year and leave to rot after taking what they want. Fact animal hunted in africa feed alot of poor people and the animal is not wasted at all. There is so many ways to push hunters ideas but we can not because we always just fight with each other or get spread to thin on each animal that comes under attack.

Sci or dsc or any of the others could help and start this project but need to find the right people to drive it forward. That needs to be some of the well known outfitters who have the true facts. the ones who are paying for anti poaching and make wells to water the wildlife.

The big groups need to help fund and get the tv time needed to fight the fight. There is a lot of people with money who would help but have never been talked into in the right way. It will take money and great contacts to the right people to win this fight.

The poaching problem goes deeper and further than we think....
We all rely on SCI,DSC, NRA and others to solve all the problems because we pay a membership fee...
We as hunters are sitting back and letting the ANT-liberals put a ban on hunting which is is gun control in disguise.
If there is no hunting "then what do you need guns for?"
EVERYONE in the hunting industry and sportsmen on the planet need to unite as of yesterday.....
This must go further than this forum.....
Let's brain storm to make get a realistic plan together and get the word out.......
The monies donated and current efforts are only a band aid....we need to stop the bleeding big time....
Robert, we must have people here who know Senators or people in congress who are hunter friendly. We need to have congress get involved in this. We need powerful representation in front of congress with the REAL FACTS not the crap the antis put out. We need Ph's from around Africa there to testify to congress about the REAL HARM the USFW service in inadvertently doing to some wildlife. This MUST go to congress in order to help wildlife and promote hunters and the good we do with OUR DOLLARS. The time is NOW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.