Another step done riflepermits.com

I'm considering using them for my trip next November. I've heard nothing but good things. Good luck on your safari!

Did he require you to send physical copies of info or can it be faxed/scanned? I was wondering about that for rifle permit services. Also, if you don't mind me asking, who did you use for a courier and roughly what does it run? I am trying to plan for 2017 and definitely think it is worth the bit extra to have the permits waiting.

You have to send the copies and they have to be notarized that they are the same as the original. I used Fedex it was 120.00 to send from Wisconsin I didn't try UPS or DHL to see if they were cheaper. We are getting the full service from him meeting us at the plane and taking us through customs and rifle permitting
and storage for when we are touring the country.

Thank you for the insight. I have been starting my research on that piece. I hear the postal service in RSA is a bit unreliable as far as that bit goes.

When I sent my paperwork last January I did it through the post office, not knowing what the mail situation is like in SA. When I go back I'll use FedEx. The USPS only wanted $20 for the envelope with FedEx and UPS wanting around $120 so I went the cheapest route. Then my paperwork didn't show up for another month and a half and I was sweating it a little.

I was thinking that JimP, I saw it is quite a bit cheaper using USPS. With that being said, I am planning way out in advance, but figured even the extra 100-120 is worth the piece of mind.

Why can you not scan the copies and email as long as you have the copies notarized as noted to be copies of the original.?

Why can you not scan the copies and email as long as you have the copies notarized as noted to be copies of the original.?
While I don't know what Rifle Permits.com's policy is when I went over I used Hunters Support and they wanted the physical copies of all original paperwork. When I found out that there was a postal strike going on I then sent all the paper work over on a email as a just in case so that they could start working on the permits.

I also did a meet and greet in Johannesburg, they met me as I came off the plane and was walked right through to the front of the lines. But on the trip back through Johannesburg they didn't meet me until I came out of the baggage claim area, but they knew right where I need to go and off we went. It was well worth the extra money.

It is best to find out just what is required from the permit company.

Excuse me on my comment I may not have been clear, I was referring to sending the scanned by e mail directly to Riflepermits to be processed

Excuse me on my comment I may not have been clear, I was referring to sending the scanned by e mail directly to Riflepermits to be processed
Some want the actual notarized copy of what you are sending for the application and a copy of a notarized piece of paper is not legal in all aspects of the law.

I did copy and scan while using riflepermits.com. this was last May, so unless something has changed?

That's a big extra fee if you have to pay to send hard copy.... I wouldn't personally get approved in advance if that was the case. Bit that is just me.

So the $120 is just for shipping the documents. OUCH!! What's the fee for their service.

So the $120 is just for shipping the documents. OUCH!! What's the fee for their service.
It depends on what you are getting.

I'm not sure what Rifle Permits.com charges for just the permits or if they have a permit and meet and greet.

But with Hunters Support it was $180 for everything. Permits and meet and greet both ways through Johannesburg.

For a first time person through there it was well worth it.

Henry from Rifle permits received my packet for my gun and said everything is in order. So one more thing done before I go.
Tom
Good deal. You'll be glad you used them. I did and it was a breeze will definitely use them again for return trips to RSA.

I can understand paying someone to help you get your guns in, but why pay someone just to say hello, welcome to SA ("Meet and greet.")

If you have to pay $180 to riflepermits, plus $120 just to get them the paperwork, I think I'll just wing it on my own.

I can understand paying someone to help you get your guns in, but why pay someone just to say hello, welcome to SA ("Meet and greet.")

That's what I thought too. But my cousin did it the first time and I saw the value and did it again when I went back with my wife.

Being met at the gate after a 15 hour flight, and having the wife be all happy as she is walking PAST the long line to get in the country and going to the diplomat gate with zero wait, priceless....

If you have to pay $180 to riflepermits, plus $120 just to get them the paperwork, I think I'll just wing it on my own.

The big advantage is no waiting in lines. We were treated like VIP's from the plane through customs and then through the rifle permit system. It took us less than 30 minutes from the time we were off of the plane until we were checked through the SAPs office with our rifles cleared. They then took us back to the baggage check and then over to security where we were back on our own.

Well worth the money.

I don't understand why paying some private party gets you past the lines to enter the country and get your permit. Does the contractor bribe the Customs officials to skip the line, or what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross