Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Nov 8, 2016

A rhino poacher in KwaZulu-Natal was shot dead whilst poaching rhino in South Africa’s iSimangaliso Wetland Park on Thursday.

iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority confirmed that on the evening of Thursday 3rd November, game rangers monitoring a group of four rhino on the Eastern Shores section of the Park, intercepted two men.

According to a statement, issued on behalf of the Park’s Business Director Terri Castis, the men were carrying “high calibre weapons” and fired at the rhino.

“The game rangers responded and were also fired upon,” said Castis. “They returned fire and fatally wounded the shooter. The second suspect fled the scene, apparently unhurt.”

A 375 rifle with a silencer was recovered from the deceased.

The rhinos escaped into darkness and as yet there is no indication of any injury to the rhino. The investigation is still underway.

Dang, what a shame :A Banana::A Big Hello::A Bravo::A Yell::E Dancing::E Happy:

Good deal! But watch out, media talking about evil silencers and they are going to regulate one of the few good laws regarding weapons in Africa. If it was in the US the headline would have read "Silencer poaches Rhino, law enforcement kills another helpless citizen"
Glad that POS is removed from the gene pool, to bad they couldn't get a round in the other one.

What Phoenix Phil said. I'm one of them little characters with the grin jumping up & down.

Glad no patrol staff hurt. One poacher down, another 100000 waiting to take his place. Dry up the demand. Thanks for the article.

Great news!! I am guessing those rhino are going to be pretty safe for awhile.

Great to hear. sounds like the rhinos were unharmed.

Nov 8, 2016

A rhino poacher in KwaZulu-Natal was shot dead whilst poaching rhino in South Africa’s iSimangaliso Wetland Park on Thursday.

iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority confirmed that on the evening of Thursday 3rd November, game rangers monitoring a group of four rhino on the Eastern Shores section of the Park, intercepted two men.

According to a statement, issued on behalf of the Park’s Business Director Terri Castis, the men were carrying “high calibre weapons” and fired at the rhino.

“The game rangers responded and were also fired upon,” said Castis. “They returned fire and fatally wounded the shooter. The second suspect fled the scene, apparently unhurt.”

A 375 rifle with a silencer was recovered from the deceased.

The rhinos escaped into darkness and as yet there is no indication of any injury to the rhino. The investigation is still underway.

id like to change this to,i love this.

Legalize the horns and ivory already. This would have to stop or at least dramatically slow them down.

Does anyone know if they are using Drones of any kind to track poachers. It seems to me that technology should be available to track heat signatures to see these guys prior to committing these acts. I don't know if it does in non-military form and the cost but as hunters and trying to sway opinion I would have no problem helping to fund a program like this.

Any thoughts.

Drones are being used more and more...

Good for them. Glad the good people were not hurt. To bad the one POS got away.

Good deal! But watch out, media talking about evil silencers and they are going to regulate one of the few good laws regarding weapons in Africa. If it was in the US the headline would have read "Silencer poaches Rhino, law enforcement kills another helpless citizen"
Glad that POS is removed from the gene pool, to bad they couldn't get a round in the other one.
And somehow The crooked ass media here would have to find a way to put blame on trump for that also

I didn't see anything about the race, nation of origin, or religion of the violator- guess that only gets press if it's in the US.
Everywhere else the violator was sufficiently described as a violator.

good riddens to, bad rubbish... pity they couldn't nail the other sack of shit

Thanks for sharing, at least some animals are saved and there are success stories with anti poaching units

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!