Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
I also found a Heym 375 H&H bolt rifle going for R141 000. Compared to the Rigby 450 we talked of before and a VC 375H&H the Heym is not only much lower price, but seems to have better finish and definitely the best balance of the three. This is at Safari and Outdoor Johannesburg.
0EC1AD71-44B2-4E40-974F-A898032919AC.jpeg

S&O at Lynwood have a number of really nice rifles and for that price, the heym is a good buy.

Are you buying or telling nice rifle for sure?

Kevin, I visited / shopped at the Safari and Outdoor store in Johannesburg a number of years ago. I was completely blown away with the selection of ammo, rifles, hunting gear and clothing. Oh, and needless to say the prices. Cabela's in its heyday couldn't even come close especially where larger bores are concerned.

I mainly shop at the Johannesburg Rivonia branch, but Pretoria is the main outlet and has by far the largest selection. They keep several of each of the Rigby, Heym, VC and Blaser lines , and lots of the common rifles too. Great to drop in for a beer and a kudu pie and make dreams.

I mainly shop at the Johannesburg Rivonia branch, but Pretoria is the main outlet and has by far the largest selection. They keep several of each of the Rigby, Heym, VC and Blaser lines , and lots of the common rifles too. Great to drop in for a beer and a kudu pie and make dreams.
Really wished we had gun stores like that here in Sweden.

141k SA rand is about 8500€ if I’m not mistaken, that is still quite stiff for a .375H&H no?

I know of a left hand Heym in 9.3x62 for 5500€ with nicer wood, in a shop in Belgium:

Image1660163295.105729.jpg

Kevin, when next you are thinking of that kudu pie and beer at Safari, PTA let me know I'm always around working on sites. Would be nice to have a chat.

141k SA rand is about 8500€ if I’m not mistaken, that is still quite stiff for a .375H&H no?

I know of a left hand Heym in 9.3x62 for 5500€ with nicer wood, in a shop in Belgium:

View attachment 482423
If memory serves that price is straight out of Heyms pricelist for the express-series bolt rifles.

View attachment 482423

I think these might be two different model rifles. Can't be sure looking at the photo but the one you posted dosen’t look like M98 clone.

Last edited:
I think these might be two different model rifles. Can't be sure looking at the photo but the one you posted dosen’t look like M98 clone.
If you are right, could you find out what the name of the model of the BE Heym is, I would be very much obliged to you. Had it been a right-hand model, I would have picked it up a long time ago already. But I have never seen any others like it elsewhere.

If you are right, could you find out what the name of the model of the BE Heym is, I would be very much obliged to you. Had it been a right-hand model, I would have picked it up a long time ago already. But I have never seen any others like it elsewhere.
I'm guessing SR21, the price looks to be about right with the upgraded timber.

Heym's RRP for the most basic M98 Express model is 8200EUR.

Attachments

• PreislisteRepetiererEndverbraucher2021.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 83
My Heym Express is a
.416 Rigby...... able to stop even the charge of all kinds of dangerous game......and shooting flat enough to be a pretty good planes game rifle!

HWL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross