Another Canuck

Brahm

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello everyone,

I have been browsing topics and poking around this site for awhile and just now made an account. I have been to the Limpopo province hunting plains game a few years ago and I plan on going back to Africa. Ultimately I would like a more old fashioned and free range game 'style' of hunting, and most likely dangerous game.

That being said I'd love for my wife to go to Africa for her first time and get a few plains game animals.

Which section do I go to to post on and research outfitters?

Thank you

Brahm

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing topics and poking around this site for awhile and just now made an account. I have been to the Limpopo province hunting plains game a few years ago and I plan on going back to Africa. Ultimately I would like a more old fashioned and free range game 'style' of hunting, and most likely dangerous game.

That being said I'd love for my wife to go to Africa for her first time and get a few plains game animals.

Thank you

Brahm

Hello Brahm,

And, welcome to the greatest forum in the world.

For "free range" (not game fenced) hunting, there are at least several members / supporters / sponsors here that offer same.

Of these, I highly recommend; "Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris" (a sponsor of AH here), guiding on the 4 million acre Khomas Hochland Highlands Conservancy (in the mountains of more or less, west-central Namibia).

My oldest son, as well as a pretty much life-long friend of mine, along with myself, hunted with them this past Aug-Sept of 2017.

Other AH members have hunted with them as well and have posted about their experiences within the "Hunting Reports" section of this forum.

I've hunted Africa 5 times now and this safari was the best of the best for me so far.

My son, writing as "DoubleLunger", has posted much in the forum, regarding his time with Khomas Highland Safaris, as have I.

The Hunt Manager (Philip Hennings) has posted an excellent video in the forum and if you type in a search for Khomas Highland Hhunting Safaris, you should be able to bring up all the above, including that video.

PM me if you'd like further information.

Kind Regards,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Lots of knowledge and info to draw from on this site!

Welcome to AH
Enjoy your research

Look under “forums” and select a relevant topic and post your question.

Welcome the AH

Hi Brahm,
Welcome to the AH! We can help you with a dangerous game hunt within South Africa on an open reserve.
Where in Canada are you based? If you are near Toronto, you are welcome to come and speak to us at the Toronto Sportsmen Show in March.

All the best with your research.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome to the forum Brahm! Best of luck in your search!

Welcome, just ask away. Enjoy the search for your next safari.

Hello everyone,

Thank you
Brahm
Dear Brahm
WELCOME to this great Forum. Enjoy the process of gathering information for your next safari destination.
We recommend you ask outfitters the % of returning clients and to check out the hunt reports.
Outfitters also make themselves available at the hunting shows - talk to them...
References are also not to be underestimated.
Africa is waiting for you...

Hello everyone,

Thank you

Brahm
Welcome Brahm to AH Forum

I would be happy to assist with your request . What dangerous game are you after exactly ?
Most areas in Zimbabwe are very much free range hunting in very wild environments which makes the persue of your quarry a gratifying experience.

Your wife is most welcome to accompany you on your hunt , many do .

Please visit my website: www.nyamazanasafaris.com for updated options .

Regards

Wayne Van Den Bergh

Welcome to the forum Brahm from a fellow Canuck! Great place here to learn anything you need about hunting in Africa. Good luck in the planning!

Welcome to the forum sir. Please feel free to visit my add here on the site for free range hunting.
Spear safaris.
Good luck. Ernest

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcasa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross