Another Big Bore Incoming .416 Rem

D9EC1496-4925-408D-8959-FFAD9A089E22.jpeg
You can’t go wrong there. I Am using the Leupold VX6 1-6 off my .416 Ruger for my new .416 Rem Kimber Caprivi. I had bought Leupold QD rings but didn’t like how they mounted. The back base extends over the bolt a bit and I didn’t like that. The Leupold Medium rings were very low. I’ve ordered Talley Medium QD rings and bases. I have to take into consideration the open sights.
Let us know what height rings you decide to go with and how they fit please.
Philip

Went with Talley Bases and QD Rings. Z8i 1x8. These almost look like they were made for this rifle scope combo.

with an illuminated scope these critters are already pretty heavy. mine tips the scales at 10.5 pounds unloaded which is more then enough weight for a 416. off the sticks my rifle is just slightly more recoil then your average 375. now off the bench its pretty bad but you shouldn't be doing that any way.

what does your current setup weigh?

-matt

Just weighed it with the scope. I'm over 11lbs. The big Weatherby is 11.5lbs. I could have swore this .416 was closer to 10lbs. I'll get used to it. ;-)

Just weighed it with the scope. I'm over 11lbs. The big Weatherby is 11.5lbs. I could have swore this .416 was closer to 10lbs. I'll get used to it. ;-)
How is the balance?
Hopefully between the hands somewhere around the magazine.
That will make it easier to shoulder and point more naturally.

Mine kicks really bad so I’m getting it to a gun smith soon for fitting and an Edwards recoil reducer.
I have the Viper Flex Shooting sticks www.viper-flex.com
And they may completely change shooting big guns off sticks. Does anyone else have them? Check them out.
Philip
I have another brand of quad-sticks, but I love em. PH on my first safari had just picked some up so we tried them out with him. Liked them enough to find a set when I got home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatrinaLen

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,