Another Attack on Hunting (Nebraska Mountain Llion Hunt)

Grady

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, IHEA
Hunted
US, Germany, RSA
Not sure how many read the following article from FoxNews this afternoon. This is just one more attack on the use of hunting as a conservation tool by those who do not understand and do not want to understand sound convervation practices.

Nebraska's first mountain lion hunt could also be last | Fox News

Will the anti's ever understand or will the Nebraska Mountain Lions end up like those in California? Overpopulated and causing unnecessary problems in population centers?

the antis will never learn , mate .
they are the blind and easily persuaded masses ,being led by someone with only tunnel vision .

Relocate the Cougars to their house. Problem solved.

Relocate the Cougars to their house. Problem solved.

I will take a couple to my house ,
2 dozen breeding pairs would go well in the colquhoin state forest at my back door (.I wish)

Greetings all from someone in the center of this stupidity. This is a bill introduced by Sen. Ernie Chambers, who happens to be famous for suing God in 2007. We don't have many professional politicians here with their severe lack of common sense but Ernie is one of them. I can't say for certain but in his extremely lengthy career (nine terms, a four year break imposed by new term limit legislation, then back to annoying everyone) he has shown a distinct love for the spotlight and appears to have found a new topic to have it shine on him. He represents a district in Omaha, the closest thing Nebraska has to a big city and is just a tad out of touch with the feelings of the population of the rest of the state.
Currently there is a fairly large campaign from those of us who actually live where there might be a mountain lion to tell our senators not to dictate our hunting rights and to support our governors veto. As an aside, Mr. Chambers might want to look at the numbers, I'm sure this is fairly inaccurate, being 2 years old but as of 2012 according to the Mountain Lion Foundation, 6 mountain lions had been killed by cars and 15 killed by law enforcement for public safety. I know that since then, one has been killed by accident in a trap, one killed after raiding a chicken coop and two killed by hunting. Having passed basic math, it appears police officers and cars are killing about 91% of all mountain lions in Nebraska, maybe the legislation should concentrate on them. We are working hard to keep sanity alive here and protect our hunting rights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg