Another Alaskan joins in.

AkMike

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA-Life ASSRA DRSS
Hello Everyone,
I haven't been to the dark contient YET but I fully plan to within the next couple of years. I'm begining to do my homework early. I want a Cape Buff and a Warthog as well as some plains game.
Other than hunting here in Ak I've hunted Russian Boars in Ukraine and got one.

Welcome aboard. Alaska? I thought Anchorage was 1/2 hour drive from Alaska;)

Welcome to the website! There is nothing wrong with picking your dream animals that you want to hunt and making plans to try to make that dream come true. Tanzania and Zimababwe are great places that host lots of cape buffalo hunters.

Welcome aboard. Alaska? I thought Anchorage was 1/2 hour drive from Alaska;)

It is for most folks but I can drive fast so it's closer. :rolleyes:;)

I've got a cape buff skull and a musk ox already hanging in the shop and I figure I need another brunette buff to flank the blonde musk ox.

Welcome!

Hi Mike,

Welcome to AH. We have exceptional good Warthog, Nyala, Buffalo and plains game on our propperty. We would like you look on our website. We have a free hunt give away on the forum that you can enter and stand a chance to win, click here to check it out.

Thanks for the offer Niel,
But you're too late!

I already tossed my name in the hat! :D Becaue I'm from a colder climate than you and I don't adapt very well to hot weather. What are the average temps there in November thru Jan.?(I do realize that your seasons are backwards from here)

Hi mike welcome to the forum this is the place to be if you want info on Africa.

The average temp in South Africa Nov-Jan will be 34 degrees Celsius during the day and it should cool off to about 28 degrees Celsius at night.

Hope this helps.

Africa is a tough country LOL.:p;)

Maybe!
But put the shoe on the other foot and try staying warm on this end when you are used to the hot weather there. Our bodies adapt to their surroundings and stabilize at those temps.

Welcome to AH AkMike! Sounds like you should try to head over in June through August when it's the winter time so you won't melt. :sweat:

I think that you're right.. I didn't think it got quite that warm there for some reason.. Silly me:bonk: Huh?:eek:

Mike funny I had the same discussion with a friend of mine from Canada not too long ago and the bone chilling temperatures will defiantly have me stay in bed with coffee.:ssst:

I was just joking you will be fine most people adapt well to the heat after a few days.

If you were to ask me I prefer the heat to your cold any day and this is for the same reason that you mentioned. I am not used to freezing my b#*ls off LOL.:laughing:

I am not used to freezing my b#*ls off LOL.:laughing:

Like I tell folks, "It's easy to dress up for the cold but it's hard to strip down beyond nothing to stay cool." I doubt you'd like an old 55yo man running around the camp in his skivvies!:eek:

Mike you might even scare the buff away by doing that.

Don’t worry I am going to Kansas city Missouri in December this year to visit a good friend and client you can bet I am taking every piece of warm clothing I own with.

Mike you might even scare the buff away by doing that.

Don’t worry I am going to Kansas city Missouri in December this year to visit a good friend and client you can bet I am taking every piece of warm clothing I own with.

KCMO? Heck just a pair of shorts and a Tshirt and tennie shoes is good for year `round there.
Swing by here and we'll take a trip up north and show you what cold is all about!

Ha HA thanks Mike got the same response from my friend in Canada.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouveniaBo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!