Another Airline Announces Decision to Discontinue the Shipment of Hunting Trophies

as of today,oct 2,2016 what airlines will ship african trophies if proper paper work is in order.plains game only or and big five???

I feel the South African government should be the ones with the biggest fight in their bellies for the hunters since the country (and others) gain so much from the hunting dollars. They have the ability to pressure the airlines who want to use their airports more than a few organized hunters. This should be taken up by the PH organizations, the Ranch owners the dipping and shipping companies and the many other groups involved in Africa. Just how many people in SA are employed directly or indirectly with the industry, how much does this impact economic matters in areas like Thambazembi especially since mine just closed, sure the local government isn't excited to see hunting going also, so local governments should be involved to do everything they can to keep hunters coming and make it easier. The people of Africa understand the folks in Munich, LA, and Calgary do not.

I feel the South African government should be the ones with the biggest fight in their bellies for the hunters since the country (and others) gain so much from the hunting dollars. They have the ability to pressure the airlines who want to use their airports more than a few organized hunters. This should be taken up by the PH organizations, the Ranch owners the dipping and shipping companies and the many other groups involved in Africa. Just how many people in SA are employed directly or indirectly with the industry, how much does this impact economic matters in areas like Thambazembi especially since mine just closed, sure the local government isn't excited to see hunting going also, so local governments should be involved to do everything they can to keep hunters coming and make it easier. The people of Africa understand the folks in Munich, LA, and Calgary do not.
+1

Worse, did anyone catch the article about rhino poaching in the new National Geographic? The use of guilt by association and innuendo is disgraceful. The South African government should be up in protest.

as of today,oct 2,2016 what airlines will ship african trophies if proper paper work is in order.plains game only or and big five???

South African airlines just shipped my trophies back including a lioness rug.

good news for a change,hope they clear customs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross