Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Some years ago, late 80's a dealer friend of mine let my brother and I know of a limited run of Win 70 rifles coming out in our fav cal, the H&H. If I recall the distributor was named WAMO, probably out of business by now. Supposedly only 300 or so were made. We got one each and then of course sold them like drooling idiots! So the other day while perusing my fav auction site Gunbroker I see this rifle, looks suspiciously like the ones bro and I had. Bro still had a pic of his and sure enough spittin image! So I snagged it, got it home yesterday. Its gorgeous. Sucker feeds empty cases from the magazine, something not all rifles will do, even CRF. This is of course post 64 push feed, do I care? NADA! Going to try to shoot a few rounds thru before leaving for Namibia next Thursday.
IMG_3753.JPG
IMG_3748.JPG
IMG_3750.JPG
IMG_3751.JPG
IMG_3752.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ses....Half of my rifles are push feed and the other half CRF. Like you said "I don't care". When you get back from Nam, and if you are wanting to sell it, contact me. Good luck on your hunt!

My favorite M70 in my safe is a push feed... doesn't bother me a bit..

Would love to add a 300H&H M70 to the collection one day.. push or CRF wouldn't matter

Great find you've got there!

Nice looking rifle and good find!

Love the 300 H&H! Pretty rifle, glad you replaced the one you lost!
Cheers,
Cody

There's no such thing as an ugly 300 H&H, but yours is certainly way on the nice side!

Always cool to get a chance to make right a previous bonehead move!

Thanks guys, I am pretty stoked to get this, sure is slick feeder.

I've been playing with my dad's old pre 64 300 h&h. Still so wonderfully accurate with 180 grains out of that 26 inch barrel

I have one as well, great old rifle that still shoots.

What a beauty! I can't believe you sold it in the first place! Of course I never make mistakes myself:D!

Nice long barrel, I love Winchesters.

What a beauty! I can't believe you sold it in the first place! Of course I never make mistakes myself:D!
This is of course not THE same rifle I had but one of that run. Thanks.

Very nice! I have an XTR in 300 Wby. That thing feeds slicker than any other rifle I own or have owned. Racking a round from the mag to the chamber is one fluid motion. I try to keep my eye out for more of the XTR's at good prices, they have really gone up lately

Certainly no gripes about that one. A great caliber in a Model 70 that looks to have been taken good care of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg