AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe, Canada USA
Hi all. My family and I just came back from our annual Texas hog hunt. We had a great time relaxing and catching up with our outfitter, who after hunting with him every year for over 10 years, has become a friend. The issue has become ,between 4 of us hunters , each sitting on stand for 4 nights and 3 mornings, we shot 1 hog. That hog was shot only because I happened to bring a rifle with night vision. Hunting is hunting, I know, but last year the group got skunked, and two years ago we got 2. We used to bring back easily 6+ hogs and full freezers, but the last few years the hunting has been abysmal despite trying several different ranches.
Anyway, we are looking to see if anyone has any recommendations. Fun and Meat are our primary wants.

Maybe we are finally getting control of the damn things? ;)

But, I suspect one of our sponsors ( like @gizmo ) will be in contact with you shortly (and with plenty of pigs).

But, I suspect one of our sponsors ( like @gizmo ) will be in contact with you shortly (and with plenty of pigs).

I just checked my camera cards yesterday. Still plenty. And of course now that deer season is over, they are showing up in daylight.

Noon time a few days ago, inside the city limits of Shreveport. Small and smaller bunch.

1617324640714.png

1617324808207.png

There are still plenty to be had.....especially in East Texas. Not sure how far y’all want to travel & what part of Texas you would prefer to hunt.... sometimes the journey is half the fun. However, I can be a resource for you.

Diamond C Bowhunting Ranch- Caddo, TX (about 100 mi west of Fort Worth) This is a bowhunting only operation.

Shiloh Ranch- Stonewall, OK Very quality operation.

Check out their websites. Both locations have good hog population and are family friendly. Both have reputable owners who will work hard to meet your expectations.

VERIFIED CUSTOMER- have bowhunted with both.

Getting on top of them? I keep reading they are getting a hold in some areas
I'm not familiar with American country but they can go off in places in Australia then turn up again.
I've worked in pest management and I hunt so I watch the cycles and results.

I'm sounds like hunting in the states is not as easy as we think. Australian politicians said they did not want Australia to go down the American line with a gun culture.

When you can get onto private land with pigs in Australia you look after it. There is some hit and miss but if you work for them you should find them if they are There.

Going with an outfitter should get some sightings at least.

It makes sense why so many head to Africa to Hunt. Where I hunted there was plenty of game. Including Pumba. I liked the warthogs.

Hi all. My family and I just came back from our annual Texas hog hunt. We had a great time relaxing and catching up with our outfitter, who after hunting with him every year for over 10 years, has become a friend. The issue has become ,between 4 of us hunters , each sitting on stand for 4 nights and 3 mornings, we shot 1 hog. That hog was shot only because I happened to bring a rifle with night vision. Hunting is hunting, I know, but last year the group got skunked, and two years ago we got 2. We used to bring back easily 6+ hogs and full freezers, but the last few years the hunting has been abysmal despite trying several different ranches.
Anyway, we are looking to see if anyone has any recommendations. Fun and Meat are our primary wants.

I hope you get onto some hogs next time. When I worked in the bush I would drive around or walk the creek for an hour. It was a bad week if you worked for it and did not get a pig.

All the best and happy hunting.

Heading to Gizmo’s in two weeks for hogs. Will do a report on our results.

Both locations have good hog population
Buffalo1, this sounds funny to me if a farmer or rancher is trying to survive the damage these critters do to their land, ie “good hog”! :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Hi Phil
Best of luck at Gizmos place. R U taking the little lady?
Sadly not this trip. She has school. We plan to take her when school is out.

We have a helicopter fly our place every 3-4 months and they kill 100-150 per trip. I killed over 40+ from Oct through Jan this year with just driving around with a bolt action rifle. All we are doing is keeping them at bay. No signs of actually getting the population down.

I really don't know which is worse all the Turkeys eating the feed or the Hogs. It's of course the hogs.

In case you want to know about the feeders. Those are 3000lbs capacity Outback Corn Feeders, customized with the timer box welded onto the side to help prevent the timer and battery from being stolen.

1617379020993.jpeg

1617378958781.jpeg

Yikes! I’d hate to have to fill that with 50 lb bags!

I have two of them. It takes around $930 in corn to fill both and 6 trips with a 1/2 ton pickup.

Hello, we would love the oppurtunity to help ya'll. We have strong hog numbers and this early we can start looking at some prime dates for ya'll for next year!

Gizmo, just save me one nice trophy hog for you to mount for me! LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross