John J

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Timeline:

January 12 2020, 2 crates arrive in Denver CO for Jonas Bros taxidermy from Zimbabwe.

January 23 2020, I'm told they are awaiting a USDA inspection cause they just moved to a new building. Crates being held at customs.

Repeated follow ups with them were pleasent but the situation is turning my 30 year dream into a nightmare.

In a recent post Animal Artistry was talking about the business aspect of taxidermy. I put in a few words about my situation. My post was responded to and I followed up with a PM.

Today, June 12 2020

8:20 AM missed call from Reno NV
9:20 AM I returned call to Animal Artistry, they say they can help get this figured out for me!
10:45 AM problem solved and crates will be on the way to Reno!

Thank you Jason, Stewart and Robyn for the help. I am back to feeling like a little kid with excitement again. Why didn't I do this sooner? John

Hi John,

This is great! Very happy we were able to help! Thanks so much for the detailed update and reaching out--can't wait to get those trophies mounted for you and shipped to your home! Thanks!

Jason

I’m glad this worked out for you in the end, but one question. I use two local taxidermists, one has the license to accept warthog, bushpig, and other sensitive items and the other doesn’t. Whenever I’m use the taxidermy that doesn’t have the license the shipment just goes to the tannery first, never any issues. Is there a reason they couldn’t have done this? I’m assuming a big taxidermy will do their own tanning but it seems really bad business to let your trophies sit 6 months.

For what it's worth, this was what the contact at Jonas told me; The owner sold the comapny out from under the employee's. The new person that took it over had 20 days to recocate cause they needed to move out of that building. The new building was not cleared by USDA to accept shipments, of what exact type I don't know. It was always next week, next week, two weeks and so on. Then the world literally comes to a halt with the flu which prolonged the USDA inspection. It was again next week, next week, once again. Which leads to the opening post here. The customs broker emailed Jonas and told them I was switching taxidermist. Of course they were having the inspection done at that very moment. I do not believe the situation is good for them or my outcome whenever that would have happened? All in all so far I am very happy with the move and the way it was handled by AA in Reno. I have been laid off for a while and my hesitation was storage fees, shipping, ect. The 2 crates are headed to NV at no additional cost, amazing!. Due to my lack of employment when the crates arrive I'm thinking about going to visit the studio, meet the people and reaquaint my son and I with our animals. John

Definitely visit the AA shop and talk with Stewart, Artie and the guys. I think you will be very favorably impressed. They have done my work for the last 3 years and I wouldn't consider going elsewhere. Great service, fair prices and quick turnaround.

Definitely visit the AA shop and talk with Stewart, Artie and the guys. I think you will be very favorably impressed. They have done my work for the last 3 years and I wouldn't consider going elsewhere. Great service, fair prices and quick turnaround.
Good to hear that

Thats awesome! And quite a load off your mind I'm sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you