Animal Artistry 90 day guarantee?

Hmaxwell

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Does anyone know what the guarantee is? Recommend their work? Thanks Ham

I live in Reno so Animal Artistry is a natural choice for me. I would have gone with them even without the 90 day guarantee, but it's a nice benefit and they are serious about it.

I scored a Desert Bighorn tag last year and made good on it. Once in a lifetime hunt, for sure. A big deal, all the way around.

Animal Artistry did an outstanding job! I've had the mount on the wall for four months now and I look at it. A lot. The detail is perfect...I'm not sure how it could be done better...but I'm not an expert either.

Here are some pics, which don't do him justice, followed by a few comments about the service:

20190423_213816.jpg

20190129_223507.jpg

20190423_215925.jpg

20190423_215938.jpg

20190423_220011.jpg

20190423_220021.jpg

I shot him opening morning and had him into the shop the next day. I got a lot of posative feedback about how we handled the head in the field, so there were no problems with that. When it came time to pay the deposit, their computer system was down, so we exchanged some information and I was off. A few weeks later I still hadn't been charged the deposit so I called in and was informed that, since they had not received the deposit, the head was still in the cooler on the premises. So I freaked a little. Turns out my information was copied down wrong, and NOTHING starts without a deposit. To be fair, they tried to write me, but the email went straight into the spam folder so I didn't see it.

The deposit went through and everything got going, including the 90 day countdown. I waited, impatiently I might add, and called from time to time for updates. They were prompt, polite and professional, and finally sent me some pictures around the 75th day.

One slightly irritating thing, they kept asking about the scar on his nose. I think they wanted to give it a shot repairing it, like they were looking for a challenge. I kept saying no (I wanted him to look just like his big bad self in the field!). They still messed with it a little, but when I brought it in, the scar was a mess so I guess a little something had to be done.

Completed in 89 days! I'm very happy with the service and would recommend them. It didn't seem to be a compromize situation, where you sacrafice quality for speed. You get it fast AND quick. I have a cape buffalo hunt coming up in August and Animal Artistry will be doing that work for me as well (assuming I actually harvest something...).

Cheers.

I ve used Kanati Taxidermy in PA several times and have used the 90 day guarantee every time since I am an anal bastard about not waiting.:). There work is excellent. Be advised there is an additional charge for that service.

They are not a sponsor here so I have no issue chiming in. I worked there for a while, over a year almost 2. A 15 person company that had a 60 person turnover in 6 years, that tells me a lot. They Hire anyone off the street, tells me more. You have a quota deadline only so much time to so a mount, or you get called into the managers office, not about quality. I couldn't and decided I wouldn't do the type of work they wanted me to do. I have my personal standards. Rum runner not to beat up your sheep, horns are set back to far, side view looks like a giraffe face, cheapest eyes you can buy. If your satisfied GREAT, I know you enjoy your sheep, that piece wouldn't leave my studio for a client. I take a year sometime more, my hands can only do so many mounts that I work on till they are right. Great if they can do this hire a few more unqualified mexicans every month to throw some skin on and get it out the door. More power to them. Not my gig. Now beat me up, You can't beat up my finished product. I'm a little longer wait for a piece that blows away the industry standard for decades and decades of looking at it , to me and a lot of people is worth a longer wait. It's a throw it together shop. Except of the Big displays SCI pays them to produce for the SCI show. Yes pays them, from my understanding when I was there.

They are not a sponsor here so I have no issue chiming in, I worked there for a while, over a year almost 2, A 15 person company that had a 60 person turnover in 6 years, that tell me a lot there, Hire anyone off the street, tells me more, You have a quota deadline only so much time to so a mount, or you get called into the managers office, not about quality. I couldn't and decided I wouldn't do the type of work they wanted me to do. Have my personal standards. Rum runner not to beat up your sheep , horns are set back to far, side view looks like a giraffe face, cheapest eyes you can buy. If your satisfied GREAT, I know you enjoy your sheep, that piece wouldn't leave my studio for a client. I take a year sometime more, my hands can only do so many mouth that I work on till they are right. Great if they can do this hire a few more unqualified mexicans every month to throw some skin on and get it out the door. More power to them. Not my gig. Now beat me up, You can't beat up my finished product. I little longer wait for a piece that blows away the industry standard for decades and decades of looking at it , to me and a lot of people is worth a longer wait. It's a throw it together shop. Except of the Big displays SCI pays them to produce for the SCI show, Yes pays them, from my understanding when I was there.

If it helps, here is a before and after. Looks the same to me...but again, I'm no expert:

DSC00016.JPG
20190424_062143.jpg

Hi Rum your picture shows my critique the horns are laid back to far on mount , Look at this angle. I could see it was off before see the real sheep . On your dead sheep 3rd growth ring is at ear, On mount clearly behind, At eye horns clearly go u before sweeping back , on mount clearly juts sweep back no upward growth
20190424_062143.jpg
DSC00016.jpg

@Rum Runner what area/unit did you draw? I remember reading your report but cant remember the unit. I am hoping to draw but with 8 points I not betting on it. Hunt of a lifetime for sure!

Rum, Not trying to beat of your ram from a my opinion, But by industry quality. Its ok but just typical taxidermy, I judge taxidermy competitions and just know it could have been done much better.

Despite the critics I think your sheep looks fantastic. Congratulations on a fine trophy.

Beautiful ram and congratulations! I appreciate all your feedback on Animal Artistry. Thank you.

Thanks @Hmaxwel. PM me if you want more information.

Does anyone know what the guarantee is? ..........

What does their guarantee cover? (Not exactly sure what you would cover with a guarantee.)

What does their guarantee cover? (Not exactly sure what you would cover with a guarantee.)
I can tell you with Kanati they once were not able to deliver on the 90 day guarantee due to tannery issues. They were off by several weeks so I got the work done in less than 4 months at the normal price. Expedited fee was waived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross