AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
@ egun Germany
http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6172228
At the moment it stands on € 7.050.-
Wonderful old gun in the Maharadscha caliber from the old days.
Foxi
Rigby .450-400.jpg

Rigby 450-400.jpg

Foxi, if you speak German, from the link, was this rifle made in 1958?

Is it just my lack of knowledge on DR's or would this rifle be priced much higher were it not for that ugly extension to the end of the stock?

Is it just my lack of knowledge on DR's or would this rifle be priced much higher were it not for that ugly extension to the end of the stock?
Phil, I believe to bring this rifle up to it's real value, the extension would have to go, or at least be replaced with wood that matches and the barrels re-blacked and stock re oiled. All which Rigby would do, at a substantial cost. The rifle as it stands needs a good face lift!!!!

Foxi, if you speak German, from the link, was this rifle made in 1958?

Sierraone,
in the advertisement is no date to see ,when the gun was made ?
Shall I ask for you ?

Sure the old baby needs a face lift by a gunsmith,but its no trash.
But my gun rack is full :(:( and to save money is not always bad .....o_O
Foxi

Lovely rifle and caliber.

Sierraone,
in the advertisement is no date to see ,when the gun was made ?
Shall I ask for you ?

Sure the old baby needs a face lift by a gunsmith,but its no trash.
But my gun rack is full :(:( and to save money is not always bad .....o_O
Foxi
Thanks Foxi, No need to inquire any further for me. The reason I was asking is, the manufacture date can have a huge impact on the value of the rifle.

Nice looking rifle, maybe a double someday for me

Nice rifle in one of my favorite calibers. If I could buy it, it would be with the idea of later saving up the cash to get it fixed up at Rigby. It's a beauty.

Nice rifle in one of my favorite calibers. If I could buy it, it would be with the idea of later saving up the cash to get it fixed up at Rigby. It's a beauty.

ups, what a nickname !
Ignatius wa a Bishop in Syria.

You are right ,its a beauty,the seller wrote me :
built 1920-1930
and he will bring a shotpicture (right word ?)
Stockrepair and gunsmith things I guess further € 3000.- is not to less,when you can buy this bride.
But christmas is is front:)
Foxi

He's one of my favorite early Bishops. He was fed to the lions at the Colloseum around 107 AD. I admire him, and his writings, quite a lot. He was a disciple of John as well. I'm a history buff.

Thank you Foxi, for all the information.

I got this shotpicture . 50m
Respect for the old Kynoch bombs
To bad,but for me, this auction is comming at the wrong moment :mad:
Foxi
Schussbild .450-400.JPG

Lovely rifle in a classic cartridge....Foxi, if the barrels are good, buy it.....I would go as high as 9000 euros on it....its a Rigby for Christs sake...o_O

It's a standard-issue Birmingham trade rifle, mostly made up by outworkers in Birmingham and then sent to Rigby in London for finishing. That's not to take anything away, though. Birmingham tradesmen were/are capable of fine work and have supplied the storied firms in London (and elsewhere) with proofed pieces awaiting the finishing process for generations.

I fully agree CTDolan....but anyway you put it it is a helluva lot nicer than the modern brands...!

If the barrels are good and its tight I would glady have used it as is....nice patina...

I agree (and would do the same...if she's tight and the LOP appropriate (and the timing on and all...in other words, mechanically/physically sound), I'd carry her around as-is). To buy something new and to the same standard (similar workmanship and design) would cost four times as much (and not carry the name "Rigby", to boot).

the certificate.
Sold 1905
WOW

Attachments

• Rigby Zertifikat 11-2016 (3).pdf
    184 KB · Views: 208

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois