Amp Annealing Machine

Quite happy with mine, I’ve been using it for several years now.

Same here very happy with mine, am able to get my SDs in the low single digits using it for my match ammo.

I got mine yesterday. The brass holder for shell holder does not grab the shell holder. What am i doing wrong. It is the standard brass shell holder. Not the 50 bmg one.
Krish

Same here very happy with mine, am able to get my SDs in the low single digits using it for my match ammo.
got mine yesterday. The brass holder for shell holder does not grab the shell holder. What am i doing wrong. It is the standard brass shell holder. Not the 50 bmg one.
Krish

I use Redding shell holders and haven’t had any problems. Not sure if that’s the issue. How do you attach the shell holder? The way I do it is I unscrew the brass bit, place the shell holder all the way in so that the grip inside the brass bit can grab the shell holder and screw it back together ensuring that shell holder is pressed all the way in. Not sure I’m describing it in a understandable way. Let me know if it helps.

Like @Opposite Pole stated, insert the shell holder in the fixture and tighten down. Should be good to go after that.
20221202_145327.jpg
20221202_145351.jpg
20221202_145413.jpg

In Australia the AMP annealer will set you back over $2,000aud.
Watching you tube I built my own formless than a quarter of the price. Even cheaper if you live in the US around 200 dollars.
All you need is a 12 volt electric timer
Hot Rock induction heater
A bottle of template 700 degree paint.
Basic intelligence
The guy on you tube explains it beautifully.
Once set up you can set the timer to hundredths of a second if needed.
For 22 hornet anneal for 1 second
222and 223 cases 1.6 seconds
My 25 3 seconds
The whelen 3.2 seconds.
You have to sacrifice a case to get get your settings but only one if you keep a record of times.
Paint the neck and shoulder of a case with 700 degree templac. Start at 1 second and work up in half second increments until the template melts. This gives you the anneal time for each brand of case.
Once you have that go ahead and have fun.
My 25 for example takes 3 seconds to perfectly anneal the neck and shoulder.
The timer is set for 3 seconds on 4 seconds off. This off time gives me the chance to move to the next case.
The video on YouTube explains it better but it is cheap simple effective and very accurate.
Bob
Parts needed
20221205_112138.jpg

The annealer comes with 8 coils for less than 200 bucks
Make coils 4mm for the hornet, 6mm for 222 and 223, 8mm for my 25and 308 size cases, 10mm for 35 Whelen cases
20221205_111938.jpg

Timer to control heat time and off time
20221205_112010.jpg

Case in coil ready to anneal. Make sure cas isn't touching the coil.
20221205_133529.jpg

Remington case perfectly annealed neck and shoulder. 2.5 seconds anneal time.
Once set up you should be able to anneal 40 to 50 cases in 5 minutes.
Set up is a breeze. Plug in turn on and set time according to your note and go for it..
Yes I'm a cheap skate but it's simple cheap and every bit as good as the more expensive gas and AMP .
I strongly recommend watching the video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!