AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
I really like mine from African Sporting Creations. I used a Galco on my pants belt on a couple of trips, but having the separate one which is easier to put on and take off is much handier. I also carry a sheath knife and Leatherman on it.

Attachments

Timbo

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BGRC PFRC & SSAA
Hunted
Australia (WA & NT), Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa
I find that it's best to use what you've had long experience and practice with. For years I've used an Uncle Mike's synthetic nylon ammunition belts for home, PG and DG hunting. They're light and very robust, and in the heat of the moment I find I'm not buggering about fumbling for ammo, as by long practice I know instinctively where it is, and they're very easy to get the rounds out.

Black Fly

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia
Kevin, where did you get that shirt? That looks handy. I always seem to have my shirt tail come out and get in my way with cartridges on my belt. I also have a bit of dublap that make a belt less than perfect. With my double, reaching up would be more ergonomic with lesser waving.
I also wear safari style shirts doing naturalist work. Itwouldbe handy to keep my thermometer and small vials in those loops.
Thanks
Bfl

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Dick Murray leather is what I use. I carry two of them (6rd no top cover) for the type of hunt you are going on. They don’t weight much and you have 12 rounds ready. Mine are worn from many safaris but this kind of quality lasts forever, or nearly forever.
other options are out there but not as comfortable to me. You’ll see me using these in my safari prep videos.
Philip

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I have two of Dick Murray's leather cartridge belts--one for 375 H&H and one for 416 Rigby. He makes them in 6 and 8 round sizes that slide onto your belt. I bought the one without the cover flap, but I think he makes both kinds. MurrayCustomLeather.com.
Ditto

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Enjoy the bush with Respect
20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings