AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
AK WSF, AMM, DSC, GOA, GRAA, NRA, PHASA, SCI, WSF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Argentina, Canada, England, Macedonia, Mexico, Serbia, Alaska, USA
I just received this from Forward Observer, and Intel company I subscribe to:

According to an industry email sent out to ammo retailers, ammunition manufacturers are expecting a gunpowder shortage in the next two months due to military purchases to replenish spent munitions in Ukraine and the Middle East.
  • According to the email, price increases and shortages of ammunition at retail are likely to hit in the next few months.
  • Why It Matters: China is a top global producer of both nitrocellulose and the type of cotton used as a precursor. China has limited exports and cut production of nitrocellulose, a key component in the manufacture of smokeless gunpowder, over the last two years. Increased prices and supply shortages are likely to persist. Additionally, ammunition historically sees price spikes and shortages in presidential election years, so prices and supplies will very likely take a double hit this year.

Time to stock up if you haven’t already.

yep... election years are always bad...

then consider this particular election year.. if Trump retakes office we will almost certainly have another summer of mostly peaceful protests... which will create a buying frenzy where every firearm ranging from .22 hood ghats to muzzleloaders to shotguns to AR's will go flying off the shelves at any price.. and everything that looks like it could get shoved into a magazine and shot will also become unobtainium for the next 3-5 years...

or.. if Biden retakes office.. hes a lame duck being led by the nose by the extreme left.. they will almost certainly double down on gun grabbing efforts.. which will have the same end result of Trump regaining office..

combine that with the fact that industry still hasnt caught up after being gutted by the 2020 run on ammo..

and now the Chinese are slowing export of necessary products..

along with global military re-supply requirements..

things are about to get very expensive for the typical hunter/shooter/reloader...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789club64com

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.
RLP wrote on professor's profile.
Good morning. I am a Ruger fan myself. Have you sold to anyone on the site before? How old is the ammo?

RLP