Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
KZN Hunters/ SAHGCA/
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
I’m looking for alternatives to hornady for the above to calibres to easily distinguish. Two, sometimes three ph’s hunting with the same weapons, and brass mix.

Currently I practice with Hornady basic brass ( no stamp) formed to .416 Ruger. I hunt with Hornady stamped .416 Ruger brass cases with solids and softs.

In the .375 Ruger I hunt with nickle cases from Hornady outfitter ammo ( used up the 270 GMX) with solids, and brass cases for softs. Both stamped .375 Ruger.

I know Swift makes factory ammo stamped .375 Ruger. The real trick is the .416. I’m looking for one or two other brands with different headstamps. Do Buffalo Bore and Hendershots stamp their own brass or do they use Hornady? I guess a last option might be Bertram, but ive never been impressed with their quality.

I’d greatly appreciate any help.

I don't know about Buffalo Bore's nor Hendershots'. If I run across some Buffalo Bore, I will check. But, I don't think they do.
I used some DoubleTap 375 Ruger years ago and the brass was only stamped Hornady.
I don't know about the reactivity to brass, but possibly marking with a magic marker might be an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross